PDA

View Full Version : had a call from gp concerning my sons ultrasound, worrying again.

rainbow
17-03-09, 14:05
hi, i posted on here a couple of weeks ago about my 2yo son having blood in his urine and him needing a scan. Well the radiologist told us that there was a spot of swelling on his right kidney and that it was probably due to infection, it was not uncommon and nothing to worry about. I felt very relieved after that and had just started to relax when i got a call from my gp yesterday saying that my son was being referred to a paediatrician and would most likely need to have another scan in the next couple of weeks to check if the inflammation was clearing up, now i'm back to square one. The report from the radiologist did say that there was no sign of any mass or stones which is great but i'm still scared.

If anyone can give me any reassurance i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Trish
17-03-09, 14:20
I'm sorry your feeling scared right now, what mother wouldn't, but like any other organ inflamamation shows up on scans/xrays, i suffer with chest infections and it shows up, and then i need to go back for a follow up xray to see if it's cleared up.

How is your son's health now? I hope he is feeling much better.

Please try not to worry.

Thinking of you

Trish.

rainbow
17-03-09, 14:25
Hi Trish, my son is actually fine, eating and playing well. He had been unwell just before the incident with the blood in his urine, like a viral type thing so not sure if there is a connection there or not. My HA is at its very worst at the moment, i feel like running away!

angietomjimandcass
17-03-09, 19:07
Its noral for a child of that age to be referred for any complaint.
It will just be for a check, dont worry i went thought with my daughter.