PDA

View Full Version : ringing in ears /tinnitus

melvyn
17-03-09, 19:16
Gone back on seroxate 20 mg had no prob in past but this time I have developed a terrible ringing and whining in ears this has been constant for the last 2 weeks been to docs and she suggests I lower my dose to 10 mg for a while until I get used to the medication again. never had this prob before and have been on and off this medication for seven or eight years.
(Has any one else experienced this with their meds peroxatine . and how did they manage.) My information leaflet says that it is a recognised side effect and can occour in one in ten patients. I would be gratefull for any feedback on this.?:)

marius
18-03-09, 07:27
I have no experience with seroxate or with other SSRI-s, but I had tinnitus from benzos; I still have it from time to time. You probably know this is a common side effect of many drugs used to treat anxiety, OCD, depression. I used to cope with it by using another noise source (tv, music, radio for instance) to shift my attention from that annoying sound in my ears. Adjusting dose or waiting for your brain to get used with the drug will eventually make these symptoms subside.
marius

melvyn
18-03-09, 20:00
Thanks for your reply as I say Ive not had this prob before on seroxate but this time I took DIazapam 2mg daily with it so maybe this has kicked it of anyhow I just hope it goes away soon as it is really anoying.