PDA

View Full Version : hi, new user here!

zoella
01-08-05, 16:05
i'm 30 years old and have been living with panic & anxiety for around 10 years. what a relief to find this site, seems i'm not alone after all!
i have a 2 year old daughter and find it really difficult taking her to play groups etc because of what i think is social anxiety disorder. i worry all the time that i'm letting her down because i'm not 'normal'. reading about other members has already helped, i'm really not going crazy!!!
i'm currently on beta blockers which i think help a little and have used seroxat but don't want to go down that road again. great site will use it alot i'm sure xx

michelleann
01-08-05, 16:15
welcome zoella
you have found a fantasic site:D like you i have suffered for about 10 years with bouts of depression in between i tried beta blockers and seroxat but felt it was making my anxiety worse. i know it was all in my mind!! please dont think that you are letting your little girl down keep reading all the help and advice and im sure this will be your road to recovery[:P] i know it is mine
michelle xxx

seh1980
01-08-05, 16:23
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

zena
01-08-05, 16:27
Hi Zoella,

Welcome to the site honey,
Hope you find it helps. You get loads of people giving you advise and lots of hugs when needed

with good wishes

Zena

Meg
01-08-05, 17:14
Hi Zoe

You're in good company here. I've read extremely similar posts several times and I hope those people see this and you can all support each other...

What are you doing on a daily basis to help with the social anxiety ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
01-08-05, 17:38
Hi Zoe

A big warm welcome to you

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Piglet
01-08-05, 18:11
Hi Zoella

A big welcome to the site - hope to chat sometime in the chatroom.

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Peru83
01-08-05, 18:14
WELCOME:D

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Barb
01-08-05, 18:27
A big welcome Zoella

This is an excellant site, you will get lots of help and support here.

Love Barb xxx

sueiamnew
01-08-05, 18:48
Welcome Zoella.

Karen
01-08-05, 19:43
Hi Zoe

Welcome to the forum.

I also have social phobia which has greatly restricted my life for a number of years. Since being here I have made some progress with this, and can now speak on the phone much more than before and have been to a couple of meet ups with people from this site.

You are definitely not mad!

Have you had any help with this?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Claireabell
01-08-05, 20:39
Hello Zoe,

Another Bristol lass. Welcome to the site, you will find lots of advice and support here. I suffer from social anxiety as well.

As you can see you are not alone.

Take Care

Claireabell (Bristol) :)

Feel free to pm if you ever want to chat

EmmaJane
01-08-05, 23:04
Hi Zoella

A very warm welcome to the site. Im in Gloucestershire, I have 5 children, but the youngest 2 are 2 and a half and 20 months. I to cant take them to playgroup and feel im letting them down.

I understand what your saying, PM me if you want a chat

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Robert1988
02-08-05, 08:05
Hi Zoella,

Welcome to the site.

Rob

nomorepanic
02-08-05, 19:02
Zoella

A big warm welcome aboard the forum.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sal
02-08-05, 23:25
Hi Zoella

Pleased you have found this site and we are all here to support you.

Would love to hear more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

zoella
02-08-05, 23:26
hi everyone
thanks for kind messages, felt it made a difference going out and about today. normally i manage my social phobia by nearly having a breakdown before i go out to a function, somehow all the crying etc calms me down a little but i'm so tierd of being this way. yoga helps but deep breathing techniques are soon forgotton in the middle of a panic. i'm currently seeing an NLP practitioner who is supposed to change your thought pattern from negative to positive. ha! easier said than done!! it's early days but i'm hopeful.
just want to start living again without fear and enjoy my daughter without freaking out that her birthday is coming up soon and giving her a party.
thanks again for support will be back soon zoe (zoella) x

sal
02-08-05, 23:28
Zoe

Hope you have a great day with your daughter on her birthday. How we suffer is hard and we all wonder if we will ever get over it but we do and i can only highlight to you how much this site and all the support from here has helped me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".