PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so terrible, any advice please?

strawberry1756
17-03-09, 20:07
I have been having really terrible anxiety/Panic for the last 4 months now. I started taking Citalopram 3 weeks ago and day by day I thought they have really making a difference. It was my first day back to work yesterday after 2 months and I dealt with it fine and no panic. Then in the evening I started to feel just like before the tablets started working absolutley terrible, so I decided to get out today and do some shopping to take my mind off of things and felt unreal and Panic all day. I felt like I was really making real progress and now feel like I am back to square one. I am so scared all the time and cannot eat, sleep, talk, do anything really when I am like this. The worst Is having the butterflies does anyone else get these? I also know that alot of people on here have similar and worse things but it still doesnt stop me thinking that I have got something different and am not ever going to be able to get better. I also fret that I am going to get ill because of the stress my body is under when its like this because its 24/7 anxiety! I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow and I think I am going to have to get signed off again, I just wanted to get back to normal. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks :weep:

paula 86
17-03-09, 20:25
hi there, i defo have 2 agree wit ya, the butterflies r def the worst thing ever, 4 me anyway..i hate them, i get them every single day in life, iv been on citalopram 4 near 3 months now, n like the 1st week i was gr8,then they sent my anxiety thru the roof, i felt worse than i ever had, but iv just stuck them out n although iv had alot of bad days i def have noticed sum improvment. if u really feel like ur gettin nower wit them then maybe go bk 2 docs. i find this site has really helped me soooo much, ever time i start 2 panic about some illness or sumthing that may b rong wit me i just think back 2 this site and remember that its only my anxiety n so many ppl r experiencin the same thing as me. i always think that maybe iv sumit diff 2 every1 else n that theres no hope 4 me but really thats just the crappy anxiety that makes ya think like that. wenevr i have a bad day i just say well its just a wee phase im goin thru itl pass n i just try my hardest 2 get tru it, u will feel better as i said this site really does help n makes u feel like ur not alone wit all ur probs. i really hope u feel good soon.
xx

strawberry1756
17-03-09, 20:32
Thanks Paula, it feels better to know that I havent got some major different thing going on and the butterfly thing isnt just me. Thanks for your message xx:)

Kells81
17-03-09, 20:53
Hey Strawberry

I always have butterflies, especially in the morning-they get really bad then.

I think you should try and go to work tomorrow, think about how well it went last time you went in. Maybe your panic has got worse beause of all the stress/excitment about going back to work.

Dont give up though, you did so well going back to work even when you were very nervous about it xxx