PDA

View Full Version : Hospital phoned - this has scared me big time!!

Laura xx
17-03-09, 20:26
A few of you may be aware, as I have posted before, I am under a Gastriologist because I am getting a lot of pain under my right ribs and under my shoulder in the back, gas, chest pain, weight loss and feeling sick.

I have had an ultrasound which only showed a fatty liver (that's the end of my wine binges!!), not sure yet if this is causing the pain.

I have had bloods tests to check for lots of things (I don't get the results until my follow up appoinment in mid April).

I have got to have a CT scan with contrast on the 27th of this month and I am awaiting an appointment for an endoscopy.

Well when I got home today I have a message on the answerphone saying that it is the waiting list office and could I phone them back - I did phone them back but they were closed!

What do you think they wanted???

Is it normal to phone and book an endoscopy over the phone????

Do you think my blood tests results were bad and they want to do the CT scan quicker than the end of the month????

This has really scared me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honeybee3939
17-03-09, 20:37
Hi Laura

Try not to worry ( i know its easier said than done though).

It could be the hospital have had a cancellation and they have tried to contact you to fill in the appointment. This as happened to me before.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Vanilla Sky
17-03-09, 20:40
Its possible that they want to change your appointment date or maybe they have a cancellation they want to offer you or perhaps they are ringing you with the endoscope appointment your waiting for. And yes, you can book an appointment over the phone. Dont be scared, ring them the first chance you get and you'll see your panicking over nothing. Maybe they want to check your date of birth or something! Gool luck with it all ( youll be fine) x

mick_uk
17-03-09, 21:00
They cancel or change appointments a lot where I live and always phone up to explain.
I agree with honeybee and paige probably just a change of appointment

mick

Wee-Mee
17-03-09, 21:02
Hi hun,I agree with everything said above..though by God I know it's hard freaking. (I am just now!)

My mum has diabeted and she gets her blood sugar tested routinely at the docs and the other day, the receptionist phoned and left a message saying to call the doc back and I went crazy thinking my mum was seriously ill and it turned out that the doctor wanted to give her things to get her blood taken at home aswell.

Our minds are our worst enemy. I'm sorry you're going through the torment of it sweets xxx :hugs:

leah22
18-03-09, 06:46
i was waiting for a hospital appointment through the post but they phoned me with it instead, which i panicked about but didn't need to cause it was just routine in the end and i worried for nothing!

Trixie
18-03-09, 07:41
Many of the hospitals are now offering evening a weekend appointments to get the waiting list down.

They may well have had a cancellation and were ringing you to see if you wanted it. As you didn't reply in time they probably asked some one else.

You can always phone them this morning to check.

Don't worry.