PDA

View Full Version : Just can't cope

pb
17-03-09, 20:30
I have posted a few times often worried that i have mnd and your replies have helped my anxiety. Today my left hand has been feeling odd and weak , it always seems to be my left side - and now i've started worrying again.
This feeling comes and goes and i try to tell myself its anxiety and that if i had a real problem it would be there all the time..
Also suffering badly with hotflushes - had blood tests at Drs for menopause before christmas , but have not been back for results.
Feel that im also loosing control over how i react to things , use to be able to hide my feelings but can't seem to do this anymore.
Its all such a mess - sorry for whinging..

Wee-Mee
17-03-09, 21:48
Hi there. I'm new to this forum and if you look around you'll see my posts of worry here too so don't be sorry.

Anxiety is soooooooooo bad. I am 22 and the slightest twinge of anything,I go bezerk. I am in admist it just now unfortunately. I remember being about 14 and I had a swollen gland in my neck and I must have went to my doctor about 6 times and TOLD him I had cancer. :'(

I have it in my head now that going on about stuff is jinxing myself. I think I suffer from ocd slightly too.

The hot flushes could most definitely be menopause though,and your weak hand might be muscular. I know my left hand is crap!

I had bad tennis elbow also a few months back and the pain was so bad it was under my armpit and through my chest and I couldn't sleep cos I was convinced I was having a heart attack.

Our mind can be cruel and I am so sorry you have to live with awful anxiety. It's like a catch 22 isn't it?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LisaLisa
18-03-09, 13:23
Hello

I know exactly where you are coming from I feel very much the same as you do and have done for quite a while, its awfull I know.

I have had the hot flush thing and would say that it could be anxiety and panic it doesnt have to be a physical prob. Also are you prescribed any anti depressants because some of those are supposed to cause hot flushes.

Health anxiety is horrible but it seems that as wierd as it feels it is totally common to feel like this and it WILL get better

MOZZY
18-03-09, 13:42
Hi there sorry to hear about your anx. I had recently the loss of feeling down the whole of my left side and pins and needles for about 24 hours ... I convinced myself it was a stroke went to the doctors and it was just me having a panic attack and my breathing was affected. Your not alone. :)

Lynski
18-03-09, 16:16
Hi. This is my first post. I have the same feeling too. My left hand has some pins and needles and so I immediately think that it is heart related! I had some health anxiety last year, and ended up getting a heart ultrasound and exercise test to check out my PVCs. Just feeling a bit on edge again the last couple of days, and am having trouble getting to sleep.