PDA

View Full Version : propanolol 40mg.

tina2004
22-12-03, 23:34
i was taking 10mg propanolol 3x a day a few months ago but stooped and started atenolol cause my bp went up,but i came off them cause my bp went too low,anyway ive been taking nothing for a few weks now and i get shakes ,heart flutters,and feal weak and dizzy,fast pulse,ive been bad for years but scared too take tablets ,ive had a few few but now too scared to try new ones,anyway i saw my doc today,he checked my bp ,,140/80 not bad and fast pulse but listened to my heart and said it was ok so he started me back on propanolol ,but now he wants me to take 40mg just once a day,,is that ok to take ,im used totaking the 10mg 3 times a day,

sarah
23-12-03, 00:03
Hi Tina

The dose for Propranolol for anxiety use e.g palpitations, sweating, tremor etc is :- 40mg once a day maybe increasing to 40mg three times a day if necessary. So dont worry if you think the dose is too high...it isnt.
(people with hypertension sometimes have a regular dose of between 160mg and 320mg daily so please dont worry that your doctor is trying to overdose you!!!!)
Hope this makes you feel less worried!!
love Sarah
xx

benoo5
23-12-03, 00:17
tina,

my mate sarah,is absolutely right...your doctor just wants to bring your heart rate down..please take,as prescribed,and you will feel better,and beta blockers dont usually have side effects..so,just relax,and you will feel a lot better,very soon...bryan.