PDA

View Full Version : Hello

weezy
01-08-05, 16:14
Hello everyone! My name is Louise and I live on the isle of wight. I suffer on and off from depression and panic attacks. I had a bad bout for a year in 1996 and I think probably when I was about 13 when I was bullied at school. I've also suffered from post natal depression with both babies. I was quite down last winter but after taking St Johns wort for 3 months I feel fine.

I am married with 2 little girls. I have trained in complementary therapies which helps enormously. I hope I can help anyone with kind words or practical advice based on my own experiences.

Louise [^]

seh1980
01-08-05, 16:27
Welcome aboard!! Hope we can offer you some good support here :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

zena
01-08-05, 16:29
Wow is all I can say.

You are on the right track already and you didn't realise it.
I'm thinking of taking st. johns wort myself.
Hope you find the site interesting and hope it helps

with good wishes

Zena

michelleann
01-08-05, 16:38
hi louise:D
welcome to the forum, stick around and post any advice you have it will be much appreciated[8D]
michelle xxx

Meg
01-08-05, 17:12
Hello Louise,

Glad you've made it through the panic phase and are well on the road to recovery.

Which complementary therapies do you practice ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
01-08-05, 17:39
Hi Louise

A big warm welcome to the site to you

:D:D:D

MANDIE XX

Piglet
01-08-05, 18:07
Hi Louise

Welcome to the site.

Really interested to hear about you practising complimentary therapies as I've recently begun to explore this avenue.

What therapies do you practice and do you do this in a self-help way or as a practising therapist?

Look forward to chatting to you again - maybe in the chatroom sometime.

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Barb
01-08-05, 18:35
Hi Louise

A big welcome to the site, will be interested to hear about your complimentary therapies, let us know about anything that you think could be helpful to some of us.

Take care

Barb xxx

sueiamnew
01-08-05, 18:45
Just to say Welcome Louise.

Karen
01-08-05, 19:45
Hi Louise

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

weezy
01-08-05, 21:43
I've trained in reflexology, aromatherapy and have reiki level 2. I was going to start my own business - did all the start up courses but never had the nerve. Now do it on friends and family so it doesn't go to waste. My husband was supportive but thinks i have too many qualifications and then can't understand why I can't find a job. He has been lucky with jobs. I just suffer with my nerves[B)]

Meg
01-08-05, 21:50
Good for you for doing them all.

Could you either do a bit of work in a complementary centre so you don't have the worries of recruiting bums on seats or put them to good use in a voluntary way occassionally at a hospice/ day hosp etc.
Good for you confidence wise plus others and may lead to getting a job with them as you get known.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Robert1988
02-08-05, 08:10
Hi Weezy,

Welcome to the site. I am glad to hear that St John's Wort has been helping you. I was thinking about taking it, but since it says don't take if your under 18 I haven't. I will ask my doctor and see what he thinks about it. :D

Rob

Cinders4
02-08-05, 16:52
Anyone know a good alternative to St Johns wort, my friend was taking it but because its photosensitive She has stopped for the summer months (on my advice) but is now noticing she is feeling more stressed. I have suggested Rescue remedy but is there anything else out there for her as she wants to avoid meds......

Cheers

Cinders4
02-08-05, 16:53
How rude of me....

Hi weezy welcome to the forum xxxxxxx hope you can get support you are looking for. Im sure you will on the site x

nomorepanic
02-08-05, 18:56
Hi Louise

Welcome aboard the forum and pleased to hear that you are doing so well.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

sal
02-08-05, 23:30
Hi Louise

Welcome to the forum.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".