PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy for Anxiety

Little Miss LaLa
17-03-09, 21:16
Hi
I have been reading up online about hypnotherapy for anxiety, I was just wondering if anyone here has tried this. Some sites are saying it is a waste of money as it doesn't work, but others are recommending it.
What do you think? :bighug1:

samc100
17-03-09, 21:26
Hi - I tried it. But it was when I was really in a bad way and it did not help me. But I have heard some people say it has really helped them so it's worth a go.

I have also tried NLP which was better for me, and acupuncture which has been beneficial and is helping me lots in changing my habits of thought processes to not behave in particular ways when I get anxiety.

Mudskipper
18-03-09, 13:29
Hi
I tried it last year and it helped for a while, but the effects seemed to wear off after I finished. Maybe it would work better if you could afford to do it regularly on a permanent basis, but I was paying for it myself, so 6 visits was all I could afford.

crunchie01
18-03-09, 14:04
hi, im starting hypnotherapy on saturday for anxiety ill let you know how it goes

JohnBliss
18-03-09, 18:03
HI
I had hypnotherapy once a week for the best part of a year twenty years ago and I do think it probably saved me from a complete breakdown. I also had eight sessions last year from which I feel I had no benefit at all.I think the difference was experience-the first hypnotherapist had been practising for a lifetime. the second for six months !!! I think the lesson is to check out the credentials- like everywhere else there are a lot of "rogue traders" out there
Best of Luck
John