PDA

View Full Version : Hi...finally!

anxietyandme
18-03-09, 02:26
It's strange my whole life i've had anxiety, and i've watched shows and read books where people always find these amazing websites about their condition/ailments. This is the first anxiety/depression forum website i've found.
I literally breathed a huge sigh of happiness when I stumbled upon No More Panic. This website seems amazing and this is only my first few minutes. I cannot wait to talk to and learn from other people who might be experiencing what i am/ I have gone through.
Life with Anxiety has never ever been a piece of cake, and many people around me just don't understand how much control it really has over my life.
I was first diagnosed with anxiety when i was about three, at that point my phobias were mainly centered around death, as Freud has said I was in the Id stage, when life revovled around me. Needless to say this phobias spread to things that could happen to loved ones around me. It would take pages to list all my phobias. But even longer to list all the experiences i've missed and people i've lost because of them. I'm really hoping to connect with some people who might understand this, and as a medicated anxiety filled person, i know that no matter what goes on, we will only become more beautiful people because of it.
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you out there.

kittykat
18-03-09, 09:34
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, your in the right place and so many of us can relate to what you have just said. There is so much support and good advice on here plus the chatroom really helps as well, take care xx

hamptongirl
18-03-09, 10:27
hey there, it made me smile reading your message as it was like someone writing my life story,right from being very young crying myself to sleep cos all i could think about is death,to missing out on life experiences and friends and my many different ailments due to panic attacks,anyway i am also a newbie on here and it would be nice to keep intouch and see our progress as time goes on,if you dont mind i would like to add you to my buddy list,take care:)

sunshine-lady
18-03-09, 22:46
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Patty
19-03-09, 00:48
Hi Anxietyandme, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: