PDA

View Full Version : don't feel the meds are working, help?

Peru83
01-08-05, 18:31
I have been on Citalopram 20mg for just under 6 weeks now and don't really feel that much of a difference:(. It's really begining to get me down, I keep telling myself that maybe they are working because I have only had the one panic attack since starting them rather than having one just about every day but my physical symptoms are as bad as ever!

The pains in my left arm and chest are really begining to get to me, I know that it's just anxiety, but it can be really sore and distracting. The pains in my stomach are horrid they have me sitting in constant fear that something is wrong inside. Constant head pressure and tooth ache feeling is driving me potty And for the big finale constant tiredness and some days really bad dp/dr![|)]

Since starting the meds I kept telling my self only 4 more weeks till it's in my system.........only 3 weeks........only 2 ect and now I'm just about in week six and feel no different!!!!:(.

I am trying to relax and be possitve and distract myself but nothing seems to be working! This is now becoming an obsession, I'm worrying about worrying, I'm worrying about not getting better, going mad, going to die. I'm developing stupid fears i.e still can't go near fags or coffee and still only drink water!! What is happening to me? Am I going mad? Should I just get a grip of myself and go to the doctors?

I just need someone to help me, I don't know what I'm thinking anymore. I'm lucky if I remember which way is up! If I'm honest I'm really scared of what is going to become of me. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't see a future for me, I can't even see as far as tomorrow anymore. I feel like I'm loosing touch with everything.

Please help, have you ever felt like this? How did you get over it? Did you get over it?

claire:(

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

mjh74
01-08-05, 19:45
Hi Claire,

I've taken Citalopram a good few times and they can take a while to get into your system. I'd give it at least another few weeks and if by then you don't feel any different, speak with your GP about it. I'm on EsCitalopram now and they took at least 6 weeks to start kicking in and us humans all being different, they may be taking a bit longer for you...

Hope this helps!

Mark x

alexis
01-08-05, 20:17
Hi Claire, what does your gp say about it, to be quite honest I was on Citaloprim for months and never seemed to get a grip but was convincing myself I was getting better because was on meds, anyway I had mine changed and I feel tons better.Different medicines suit different people, but also like you say they take a while to get in system even my new ones took over 6 weeks.No doubt people will be along soon who can help you more but take some time for you, have a pampering session or buy yourself something but try to keep positive, it is hard I know, weve all been there, take care Love Alexis,xx

joney
05-10-05, 17:38
I am exactly like yourself!!! In fact Ive just posted a note about how long are my tablets going to take to kick in! Lets hold on in there! Ive been on them just over 3 weeks and have seen no improvement

desperate
05-10-05, 18:46
hey my advice is to stick with them for a big longer....the changes will be small.

if you still feel they aren't working go back to your GP and discuss!!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!