PDA

View Full Version : My Liver Function Test Results

Trish
18-03-09, 09:24
As some of you know i a really abnormal liver function test last week that sent me into a right panic, thinking as we do of everything nasty!

Well i had another blood test on Monday and my GP rang me yesterday afternoon to tell me that my test showed it had gone from 600 & odd down to 90:yahoo:

I am so pleased and also greatful to everyone on here for their support, especially Mondie.....Thank you:bighug1:

Love

Trishxx

Mondie
18-03-09, 09:36
Yay!!! Mine went back down from 700 to 90 - the liver is an amazing organ and can take a lot of abuse! So pleased that it is all back to normal!

XX

Peggysl
18-03-09, 10:14
Well done to both of you! I have no idea what those figures mean, but definately sounds like good news!

Pegs XX

Trish
18-03-09, 12:26
Thank you Mondie & Pegs:D

Pegs I have gallstones and need my gallbladder out:ohmy: gallstones can effect the liver causing the liver function test to be sky high, as mine and Mondie were. I think the normal range is something like 14!!

I did have a slight 'wobble' about half an hour ago when i received a call from my other GP who has been away for over a week saying "What's been going on with you and your liver?" Then he went on to say "We need to keep an eye on this, make another appt for next week to have another blood test"

I know it's good for them to keep an i eye on me, but i am still a little anxious now.

Blood test arranged for Monday, so here's hoping it will have come down again.

Trish x

Peggysl
18-03-09, 12:32
Hi again

What a brilliant Doctor that he/she bothered to call at all!

I know of a few people that have had their gallbladder out and never looked back. I beleive it can give you all sorts of horrible symptoms. And I'm sure they do it with 'keyhole' surgery these days.

Relax until you have the tests and try not to flap! Not good for your gallbladder!
Take care,
Pegs X

Mondie
18-03-09, 12:55
Took me a couple of blood tests to be in the normal range, so I have NO doubt that you will get there too!! As Peggy said you've got a good doctor to care enough to call!!

Are you planning to have your gallbladder removed?

Chin up Trish - all will be well!

XX

Wee-Mee
18-03-09, 16:24
Hi there I am very happy all has went good for you sweets and that is very good of your doc to call you like that.

:)

Take care petal xxx