PDA

View Full Version : Alternative natural remedies ..advice please

sue681
18-03-09, 09:32
Hi
I suffer with Depression/Anxiety and panic attacks.
don't want to go down the antidepressant route so decided to try and treat myself
I must say i'm feeling a lot better,do have my down days but no where near how it was.
what ive done

given up smoking (2months)
given up caffeine (also 2 months)

Try and eat healthy when i can !

I take

Omega fish oils 3,6,9
vit B complex
multivitamin

I'm also trying

5-htp
inositol

Ive been on these awhile and ive noticed big difference,not had panic attack for 6 weeks and Anxiety has half and depression has lifted a bit too

Now..ive done some research and apparently i could add

L-tyrosine and DLPA..all these apparently work together.

Has anyone got any more info on these ? and is o.k to carry on with this and add the L-tyrosine and DLPA (SMALL DOSES) ?

Thank You x

Wenjoy
18-03-09, 16:01
What is inositol??? wenjoy x

MOZZY
18-03-09, 16:06
your thread is interesting and gives me hope. im trying homeopathy on friday and im hoping it will help me. im taking no meds as i feel they make me more depressed.... I gave up smoking for 3 months then started getting severe daily panic attacks which ive had for the last 3 months. so im smoking again, but thinking of cutting down. I only have 1 cup of tea a day.

I cant wait for my appointment as im hoping it will help.

:)

xfilme
18-03-09, 16:40
Yes... you should also get some vitamin a into your system as the smoking (even though you have quit) will have cause it to be depleted. Im sure you will have vitamin a in your multivitamin, but make sure if its on the list, beta carotene is also there, as you need beta carotene to absorb the vitamin a. if you are unsure, best eat orange veg as they have a natural source of beta carotene AND vitamin a. another thing, if you are having success with the vitamin b and it is preventing your panic attacks, try adding vitamin c to your diet or in capsules. vitamin c aids the absorption of vitamin b. x

sue681
18-03-09, 18:21
What is inositol??? wenjoy x
Hi

someone told me about it,it boosts serotine in the brain,can't really explain but look it up on internet

sue x

sue681
18-03-09, 18:26
your thread is interesting and gives me hope. im trying homeopathy on friday and im hoping it will help me. im taking no meds as i feel they make me more depressed.... I gave up smoking for 3 months then started getting severe daily panic attacks which ive had for the last 3 months. so im smoking again, but thinking of cutting down. I only have 1 cup of tea a day.

I cant wait for my appointment as im hoping it will help.

:)

Hi
I had to give up smoking because i was smoking 20 aday more at weekends and it just made me feel lethargic in the day.i have caffine free tea bags now and i can't tell difference

i had to change,i was a mess and getting worse !

excercise is next on my list,want to start walking abit each day but hurt ankle so can't take it up yet

good luck on friday x

sue681
18-03-09, 18:28
Yes... you should also get some vitamin a into your system as the smoking (even though you have quit) will have cause it to be depleted. Im sure you will have vitamin a in your multivitamin, but make sure if its on the list, beta carotene is also there, as you need beta carotene to absorb the vitamin a. if you are unsure, best eat orange veg as they have a natural source of beta carotene AND vitamin a. another thing, if you are having success with the vitamin b and it is preventing your panic attacks, try adding vitamin c to your diet or in capsules. vitamin c aids the absorption of vitamin b. x

Thanks for advice,
ive taken note of it all as i'm new to all this vitamin stuff lol

sue x