PDA

View Full Version : blood test?

wotcanisay
18-03-09, 14:24
hiya
i post a thing on tuesday how worry i was about blood test on tuesday
so today i phone up as the doctor say the results would back back for wednesday and the last time i had this test it was back in a day
but they said my results are not back. this can only mean bad news right?
when i had the test in december my last one they find i was low in iron

xfilme
18-03-09, 14:31
It does not mean that at all. Test results can be delayed quite often due to the demand for blood test at the time you had yours taken. The same goes for smear tests etc.... which is why one time I could get my results in 3 weeks and the next time in 2 months. My blood tests usually take anywhere between 5 days and 14.... I shouldnt worry. I would be more worried if the results came back to soon. What was the blood test for? Just routine full blood count?

xfilme
18-03-09, 14:33
If you need more info on being low on iron, please get in touch as I also have low iron and am receiving iron therapy (tablet form). I study vitamins and know all the ins and outs of anaemia/deficiency. Nothing that could come back on a blood test for your iron levels should make you worry as the worst they could tell you is that you are anaemic, which would just mean being prescribed either b12 shots or high doses of iron (serum ferritin) like myself. Give me a shout if you want any info regarding low iron and accompanying symptoms, i might be able to put your mind at rest x

wotcanisay
18-03-09, 14:40
hiya thanks xfilme
there was lots thing's it was like the same one i had in december. it was being tested for blood count liver protien glucose and few other things
i freaking out as the doctor tell me it be back for wednesday and like say the test in december came back in a day
my heart is beating real fast

xfilme
18-03-09, 14:46
I know how difficult it is waiting for results. I am currently waiting on results also, though mine are expected to take another 5 weeks. Its horrible isnt it. But just wait and see what the results say, im sure it will be no big deal. If it makes you feel better, most docs dont mind you calling them on a daily basis to see if your results are back. Keep us posted, if they have identified an iron deficiency, it may be as simple as an update on that situation and the rest is just precautionary. If at any point you panic and you are in the UK, you can call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 and speak to a nurse who can give you reassurance. They are there to help with anxiety as much as health as they are all tied in together. Keep us posted xx

wotcanisay
18-03-09, 14:52
my doctors are great but the people who answers the phone are not
i just really wanted them back so i could put everything to rest for now :(
thank you for your kind and understanding words

Trixie
18-03-09, 16:43
hiya
i post a thing on tuesday how worry i was about blood test on tuesday
so today i phone up as the doctor say the results would back back for wednesday and the last time i had this test it was back in a day
but they said my results are not back. this can only mean bad news right?
when i had the test in december my last one they find i was low in iron

No it doesn't mean that. There are loads of tests to be done and if you live in a city even more so. Some people in the lab might be off sick or on holiday so that will cause a backlog.

Do not worry at all.:flowers:

nomorepanic
18-03-09, 18:13
My tests take a week to come back !

wotcanisay
18-03-09, 18:19
thank you Trixie
feel like i losing it. i dont dare do anything as it may bring me bad luck

wotcanisay
18-03-09, 18:40
thank you nomorepanic
i now know that it can take any time