PDA

View Full Version : ibs????

worriedem
18-03-09, 17:46
can stomach cramps be due to ibs??? i have had four bouts of cramps since nov the ones really low down that come in waves??? first time had diarrea and was fine second and third time felt ok after a nights sleep and they had startex after a heavy dinner but forth time was late morning anx they were relived by havinv a small bowel movement can this be ibs i wasnt bloated or constipated v worried about bowel cancer :(

Wee-Mee
18-03-09, 17:52
Hi worriedem.

I am having this worry just now also aswell as reproductive worries. The thing with stomach pains and such is that there is soooooooooooooooooo many different things that could be going on because of all the organs in there. So although I am also having this cancer worry with everything I am hoping that it is one of the other less serious things and if it was ibs which I am wondering if I have aswell,then dietry changes etc and maybe some meds will make it more bearable.

P.S stay away from google! :( It's ruined my head xx

worriedem
18-03-09, 17:56
mine too :(

diane07
18-03-09, 18:50
I have ibs and yes you do get stomach cramps with them, if it carries on go see your doc and put your mind at rest

di xx

olly&jack
18-03-09, 19:34
Hello,
I too suffer from IBS, it can be extremely painful and does include cramps and or spasms. Your doc can prescribe some anti spasmodics these would help you. Hope you feel better soon.

ubermod
18-03-09, 19:42
hi, i'm having the same trouble to and my girlfriend has had i.b.s for the last two years so i'm aware of the signs, cramps are very common and she has suffered mild to very painful. I've recently been suffering with lower cramps and a lot of discomfort and she picked up on it being the same as she was. I find that some foods can trigger it and in many cases when i'm stressed (we all know about that) just use a hot water bottle and take some paracetamol, and get some mint teas they work wonders to ease the pain. but as said above for peace of mind visit your gp :)

worriedem
19-03-09, 15:45
thanks for the replies, i have already seen the doctor as been having bleeding (juzt from a fissure according to 5 doctors!!)you can imagine my panic with the cramps aswell :( anyway says sounds like colic thing is i didnt feel like i had trapped wind or anything! did burp alot at time of cramps but wasnt bloated so i. not entirely happy with his diagnosis.

any of you ibs sufferers get the cramps without being bloated???

PaulR
19-03-09, 17:13
I've been to docs today as have had severe stomach pain on my left side and on my hip bone. He has said its colic and given me spasmanol. Although I had to have a blood test to see if I have bowel inflamation.

agent orange
19-03-09, 17:26
i have i.b.s and i have cramps etc, but anti spasmodic medication does not really work for me, but colpermin, a mint extract does give relief. hope you feel better soon.

worriedem
19-03-09, 17:57
thanks for the replies, i had blood tests which came back normal the cramps so far are v v occassional so ill see how i go x