PDA

View Full Version : Hi, nice to know I'm not alone

Phoenix24
18-03-09, 20:04
Hi,

I was finally diagnosed with depression and anxiety today, and after a few years of fighting it I've finally gone onto citalopram. I came online to look into it and found this site and what a relief, I've felt like I've been dealing with it on my own for years. It's not that I want people to feel like this but it's nice to know that it's not just me.

I've been on anti-depressants before and had a hellish time on them and so I'm not happy about being on them again. If I'm honest I'm a bit scared but I feel a lot better knowing that there is a site like this with people that know what it's like.

Thanks for cheering me up without knowing it,
Nic

Veronica H
18-03-09, 20:39
:welcome: Nic. Glad you have found us.

Veronica

sunshine-lady
18-03-09, 22:35
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Patty
18-03-09, 23:48
Hi Nic, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I also found it such a relief to know that other people could really understand how I was feeling.

Best wishes :bighug1:

kittykat
19-03-09, 10:37
Hi there and :welcome: to the site a lot of good advice and support here , the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Phoenix24
20-03-09, 18:34
Hello again,
Thanks for your replies, people seem so lovely here. I think I'm going to find the support a huge help.
Nic
:)

iceagebaby
20-03-09, 19:04
hello Nic

You are most definitely alone with your feelings.I have been prescribed citalopram but am not sure whether to take it as i ve had a bad experience with prozac this week . My son in law has been on citalopram and had no adverse reactions to it just made him tired . I know these drugs affect everyone differently .. I hope they do the trick for you . Depression and anxiety are terrible for whatever reason .... people who are not depressed don t understand it either .

My father i am sure was suffering from depression but it was never diagnosed, porr man used to get terribly down and didnt seek help .

At least we have the internet to share our feelings and give mutual support .

Hope you re not too bad this evening .
best wishes Susie

California Girl
20-03-09, 19:54
Hi i'm new aswell, and started Citalopram on Monday.I havent seen any benefits yet.I'm just tired more than usual.