PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new here

lucy_Lou
18-03-09, 20:44
Hello

i've just found this site so thought I would introduce myself :) . I am lucy I am 29 (30 tomorrow!) i am married with a little girl of 4. I have suffered with anxiety and depression for most of my adult life. I have had some counselling last year but it has not helped much. Am going through a very bad time with anxiety at the moment. My anxiety problems are related to death at a young age. I am terribly afraid of dying young, I worry constantly about having a serious illness. This week its breast cancer, next week it could be mouth cancer, or HIV, because of this i am always checking my body for lumps or the slightest tummy ache or pain i automatically think I have some serious condition. I am also very scared of motorway driving, driving long distances, flying, trains, heights etc. I am too scared of dying in childbirth or getting MRSA to have any more children.

This is ruining my life and I feel taht i just cannot cope anymore. i want these feelings to go away so i can get on with my life and stop wasting it worrying but I just dont know how. I worry that if i am not worrying something bad will happen. I worry about my daugther growing up without me and forgetting about me :( i cannot read newspapers, or magazines. I cannot watch any type of medical drama as I will automatically think that I have illness that are featured. I wonder if there are any other people on here that are going through the same thing and I would truly love to hear from anyone who can identify with any of the things that I am going through.

for now - thanks for reading and goodby xx

hamptongirl
18-03-09, 21:29
hey lucylou, first of all happy birthday for tomorrow,i only joined yesterday so i am a newbie too.well i just wanted you to know everything you described i have been experiencing for many years, you are definately not alone and by reading lots of messages on here,there are thousands of us, i know you feel at your wits end but there are many here that will be happy to reassure you and hopefully help you and me to see there is light at the end of the tunnel. take care and keep in touch. x

Tink
18-03-09, 21:41
Hi lucylou
I ttoally understand what u r going through. I am experiencing exactly the same which is making the anxiety worse. I also have something different wrong with me everyweek and am constantly checking my body. Everything I have I think its something much worse.
I am very new to all this at the minute so am spending alot of time going to docs. Also since spoke to family and friends about this it is getting better and find distraction a great thing! Being a teacher I find myself distracted all day until I get home in my own thoughts.
Do you talk to your husband about how your feeling? Does that help? Think I might try a herbal route as read quite a few people on here seem to benefit from this.

Tink xxx

sunshine-lady
18-03-09, 22:34
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Sinatra877
18-03-09, 22:38
Happy Birthday Lucy.

I read your post with great interest and admit that I have also gone through those thoughts. I learned early on that we all deal with the thoughts of accepting death. As a former soldier, that thought went through all of our minds. But we do what we can to overcome though those thoughts don't we? Just do the best you can, that's all you can do.

Patty
18-03-09, 23:55
Hi Lucy, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I also have a terrible fear of 'death', motorway driving, driving long distances & flying. I can also totally relate to what you say in that you are afraid that if you stop worrying that something bad will happen.

Best wishes :bighug1:

kittykat
19-03-09, 10:38
Hi there and :welcome: to the site a lot of good advice and support here , the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx