PDA

View Full Version : DLA

burberrygirl72
18-03-09, 23:39
hi im just wondering if you can claim dla for panic attacks i have been suffering for 6 years now and lots of people have told me i can claim it but then others have said you cant its not a disability not to sure what to do shell i fill in forms or am i wasting my time xx

purplehaze
19-03-09, 00:56
You can claim dla at the lower rate (thats what most get and they also can get the care part as well) I take it your on incapcity benefit at the moment

freakedout
19-03-09, 02:41
A very useful link if you decide to claim.

http://www.benefitsinmind.org.uk/dla_attendance_allowance.htm

burberrygirl72
19-03-09, 11:20
no im not claiming anything at the moment xxx

Nicki22
19-03-09, 13:20
Hi there yes you can get DLA, sadly ive tryed twice and been turned down both times but i have been told to keep trying x

burberrygirl72
21-03-09, 16:55
yeh somone did tell me that but i have filled forms in and im going to keep trying if i get turned down it makes me so angry that just because we dont always look ill they make the decision that were not typical thanks for all the advice xxx

sandy35
21-03-09, 17:01
Yes you can. The majority of claimants get turned down the first time but keep trying or you can appeal against their decision.

Mully
21-03-09, 17:40
Yes you can claim for that now. They have a special part in their form for mental heath issues like depression / PA.. ect.. where you can put how it affects you during your day to day activites etc.. You really have to be specific and give them lots of details.

I have to do this every year and then they send me off to see a Doctor who works on behalf of their Medical Services for an assessment and then depending on that.. they make the decision on if you are entitled or not. :)

Granny Primark
21-03-09, 18:47
Ive claimed at the lower rate for over 2 years.
Last year I was sent for a medical.
The doctor asked me loads of questions but was really friendly.

pete69
22-03-09, 16:00
are dla and incapacity only paid out to those who have worked before and paid national insurance contributions?

amandaj
22-03-09, 18:19
incapacity as far as i know is work related but dont quote me on that , dla anyone can get please dont shoot me down if im wrong though

amanda