PDA

View Full Version : Lump in left earlobe. Anyone seen this before?

mattc15
18-03-09, 22:55
Hey everybody. About a week ago i noticed a small bump inside of my earlobe. maybe the size of a pinhead at the time. Every day i have noticed it getting bigger when i feel it and is now about the size of a pea. MY anxiety is starting to kick in and i am becoming obsessed with this, worrying that it is cancer and what not. Has anyone encountered this before? It is not painful, its just eating and my well being. Thanks

xBettyBoopx
18-03-09, 23:27
Hi Matt

So sorry that you are so worried at the moment, these things can be so scary.

Have you got an ear piercing? If so, I get lumps when I wear earrings.

Els

mattc15
18-03-09, 23:39
no i dont. although i have pierced it before about 3 years ago.

xfilme
19-03-09, 00:17
i get lumps occasionally in my earlobes.... not near piercings either... they usually go down, i have one at the moment funny enough. its probably like a blind boil inside or something. ive had loads of them, they usually get a little inflamed then go back to normal.... the more you prod and squeeze it the more it will become inflamed. leave well alone and itll settle hun x

LisaLisa
19-03-09, 11:38
Is the lump really close to your jaw/saide of face?

think there is a lymphnnode there and they come up and down all the time for hundreds of different reason. My friend is a Dr and I bug her senseless with lymph node worries and she always reassures me that they are just doing their job and very very rarely anything to worry about, specially just one random one, thats If thats what it is . Also could be just the peirced ear lump thing. I get lumps where the peirced bits are in my ear lobes sometimes and its just when I havent been wearing any ear rings in them for a while

Lisa x

sophieunderscore
19-03-09, 12:38
My mum had her ears pierced for about a week before taking them out about 25 years ago (if not longer) and she still has the lump in her ear lobe, I used to always play with it when I was little. I definitely think this is what the lump is :)

krja80
20-03-09, 02:12
i had this exact thing and i put a hot washcloth on it and pressed it from the back and it popped...it was a zit inside my earlobe, see if you might be able to pop it. mine started really small and then got to be the size of a lima bean, that's when i did what i said above and it took care of it...

lukas89
22-03-09, 15:24
ive had the exact thing twice so far in the same place (left ear), each time it went away after a week or so

naomimimi
22-03-09, 17:28
my boyfriend always has these, they are just spots under the skin. they will go down or burst in time, beware as when they burst it can be quite messy and disgusting. but that is all they are.

Sambapati85
22-03-09, 19:09
This is completely normal.a Stone like , cyst . I get these occasionally once every couple months maybe longer, but you have nothing to worry about.

aveeava
23-03-09, 09:26
Hello, sorry to hear about your ear, I had the same problem a few years back and it turned out to be a harmless cyst. it grew to be about the size of a pea as well and it went away after about a month, it may cause a bit of uncomfort but other than that it is probably completely harmless, if you feel really worried or the size grows to large I would suggest going to your doctor and having them take a look, but everything should be totally fine! Cysts are just pains to have, ive had one on my back for about....3 years now >.< Best of luck with everything!:shades:

Catalyst
02-05-09, 12:32
Yeah I have one at the moment. Had it about 2 months I guess. It grew up to the size of a pea & very slowly has reduced again. Just a cyst I think. Almost gone finally!

Kraggy
02-05-09, 12:50
I've had my right ear lobe pierced about 10 years ago, although I have not worn anything in it for about 7-8 years, and I can feel a hard lump in it aswell, I never really payed attention to it though, untill I noticed this post. But since multiple people who have had their ears pierced seem to have it, I am not to worried.