PDA

View Full Version : fear of job interviews

weezy
01-08-05, 22:14
I'm not just frightened of job interviews. I hate the application form, will put it off for ages. I hate the waiting to see if I've got the interview. the interview itself just takes over my whole life, then there is the waiting to tell you you haven't got it and then the dejection again untill the next time. Does anyone else suffer with this? I've got an application form to fill in tonight and I just don't know what to put

Louise xx

trace
14-08-05, 12:10
I do find the whole job seeking process really really hard.

I went for an interview last week (I went through an agency so luckily didn't have to fill in an app form), but because I thought it'd make things harder I decided not to tell my boyfriend because I thought it'd cause more pressure. Anyway, I wish I'd told him because all the stress of it made me really moody and we ended up having a huge falling out-big time. I should have told him.

Anyway, the stress of the whole process has turned me a bit made this last week and I can't wait until its over. The worry about the interview etc just absorbs me and makes me so grumpy and miserable.

How are things going with you? Any luck x

mum2four
24-09-05, 07:39
I cant handle the whole the job seeking process. I have only eva had fue partime or tempary jobs and the one job I did get of my own steam (baby sitting) caused me to start having major pain that were so bad that I decided to go to hospital but as I was going the pain subsided and I decide to home again and as I did it got worse again so I concluded that if was anxiety based. I also feel back in to depression because of the child's father he was alway's pulling me aside to have a "talk" about something new he want to me to do for the $5 hour he was paying me for look after his child which I enjoy heap I just couldn't handle dealing with the after effect's of anxiety due to never know what will happen next ect. In the end he made a ultamatim I either do his house work as well as look after his child or had no job i said straight up "then I have no job" cause I dont deal with people who make threat's very well. I have real issues with people have any sort of hold over me and having job is alowing a person to have huge hold on me and my life. I have enought trouble convincing my self to go to my 2 day's of being a volenteer crache worker and will often take a week off to deal with my anxiety and get back on track with better thinking. I just started going to learning together group with my baby and I find that i tend to stay out of people's way and just focus on having fun with my almost 1y old son. I really want to have a paying job but knowing how much stuff my faimly memember deal with at work as far as people and the BOSS go's I just know how I will react if I'm put in a situation where I'm being talk to in a even remotly negantive way the word NO or dont just set my anxiety right off and from there if the converstaion take a more negative turn then the erg the scream will rise and evently the erg to run before I scream will get real BAD. I have no been in one remotly negatively conversation that has not ended up with me becomeing argumentive or that has not shut me down or made me run to avoid the outcome I know will happen if I stay. I cant control the fright flight fight reaction my stim's(tapping swinging, scratching, digging my finger in to my skin) will only delay the reaction. If i'm forced either phisicly or mentally(if I know leaving will cause a bad responce from the person talk to me) stay and have it out with a person then i will get to the point of no return. So the thought of handling the expectation's of the "BOSS" or the other worker become very overwelming.

Plus i have issues with reading and writing in public and and never get's much better with time and knowing the people around me. After 3 year's of my volenteer work I still have a panic reaction if suddenly expected to read or right something.

jossboss
13-10-05, 16:23
Im looking for work right now and its horrible i hate filling the application forms. I have dyslexia which is a stupid word for it as i can't spell that one either. Its makes it filning the forms twice as hard. Getting the forms is hard too as i have social phobia so most days im too scared to go out the house. I was getting better but i have moved to live with my sister and about twos hours away from the rest of my family and im getting symtoms again. my sister is making me go out tomorrow with her to get more forms and really not looking forward to it. she says that we have to keep going until we get something but its not as easy as she makes it sound. Plus we are meant to be going home this weekend and for a wedding but i really miss my friends and want to spend some time with them before i go to the wedding in leeds.
I don't have that many quilifurcations eitherso only leaves me with a few options and im not sure i'll be that great working with the puplic.
I wish i could just be myself like i was starting to be a couple of mouths ago.
Jay xx

Marmalade
15-10-05, 21:10
Believe me I know how you feel. I got made redundant 18months ago but luckily found another job where the job interview was really informal. This job has been great my boss knows about my PA's and anxiety and has really helped me start to get my confiedence back but the shop is closing and I'm going to be redundant again at the end of the month. I'm now starting to apply for other jobs but find myself in some ways hoping no-one invites me to interviews but I have a mortgage and have no choice but to work so if you are in Norwich and see a woman in a car shaking but trying all the different relaxation techniques around you'' know I've got an interview somewhere

rabbit25
23-10-05, 03:14
i'm so pleased that there's a topic about interviews and job hunting.

I have been unemployed since February last year. I was working through an agency as a Post room assistant until I received a phonecall to say that the job had dried up. I was devasted as I really enjoyed working there and it was local.

Been looking for work ever since, but with some physical limitations and big gaps in employment, its difficult.

I hate filling in my application forms as I know I'm not an ideal candidate. Big gaps in employment etc.

I guess I'll have to do as much voluntary work as poss until I find paid work.

I hate it when I get put on New Deal especially when I have to go to a charity shop. Don't wanna sound ungrateful or anything, but I've done that before and it didn't work out. I don't get a choice when I'm on New Deal.

sharon35
02-06-08, 11:09
Hi i'm so glad there's a topic about interviews,
my panic attacks started when looking for a job 2 months ago. I've had 3 job interviews booked and cancelled all of them. Really can't stop worrying if this is going to happen all the time and i will never be able to got a job. i feel really low at the moment.i know there's more to life than a job and worring about it, but it just will not go away.

AtmoLav
02-06-08, 15:08
As someone who regularly interviews people (about 4-5 a week), let me offer you this piece of advice...

The interviewer is probably just as anxious and as nervous as you....

juanna
03-06-08, 15:06
:) Hi i agree with you that the whole process from form filling to waiting for the verdict is daunting. The only way i find of getting through it; is to just make yourself do the form and promise yoursel a treat when you've done it; then all you can do is your best.... GOOD LUCK.....

kazzie
03-06-08, 21:42
I got a letter this morning asking me to go for an interview next week:yesyes:

Im a bit worried I must admit:ohmy:

Kaz x x x:hugs: