PDA

View Full Version : Am I Healthy?

Smudge
19-03-09, 09:39
Here I am again asking the same question and going in round in circles. Since googling at Xmas, I am OBSESSED with my self. I feel like I am constantly waiting for some terrible disease or something badly wrong to happen to my body. I feel like a prisoner and I cannot live my life. I am mainly obsessed with my skin ever since I had a funny rash. Every lump, bump, spot, mark, blemish, etc. freaks me out. Doctors never seemed concerned but I asked for some routine blood tests which I had done, things like U&E, tyroid, LFT, and full blood count. The main thing I just want someone, anyone, to reassure me of is if all my test came back normal, does this mean I am healthy? Particualrly the FBC. Would that's have shown abrnormalities in some cells if I had an underlying disease or anything like that? I als keep thinking the doctor mis-read my results or overlooked something. Would I have been called back for the slightest thing? Just want to draw a line under this now but I am forever questioning myself. Also, is it normal to get spots, blemishs, etc. on your body and it not mean anything. I am in a complete mess of this so thanks in advance of your help.

Wee-Mee
19-03-09, 09:48
I am going through the same thing accept with bowels and reproductive system hun. I actually am going to the docs in a few hours cos I just am losing my mind. I have a freckle on the side of my face and it grew a little hair out of it and I didn't think anything of it til my HA got worse with the Jade Goody stuff going about..so now I think I may have something wrong with my skin also.

HA is a torture and I too keep thinking docs are incomptent and missed something etc. I am not sure aboute the blood though. I think if there was something wrong,something would maybe indicate but I don't know. Please try not worry.

AND STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE. It really has ruined my life. I spent the WHOLE day yesterday loking up things. And do I feel better no. :( I think we need to try and put our faith in the medical profession. I just find it hard sometimes when I seem forever ill. My thoughts are with you petal. xxxx