PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram has worked wonders for me!

timmymagic46
19-03-09, 15:09
Hi all,

Just to update on my prgress. I have been on Cital for about a month now and i can honestly say its been the best month i have had in at least two years. The first few weeks were touch and go, but without even noticing the change i have ALMOST got better....

My symptoms were really bad heart palps leading to full blwon PA's....it took over my life i lost my job etc... but since i have taken these i now keep a palps diary and last 3 weeks i have had maybe 4 palps. Compared with about a million a day before!!!

If anyone is in any doubt that Cital works it really has for me. I am also doing one on one CBT which i dont think helps as much as the drugs, but it helps in its own way im sure. Im only on 20mg Cital, but thus far, it has been great and long may it continue!

Hope everyone is well.

Tim
(one side effect for men thow....COMPLETE loss of sex drive!!! ;-0) ;-( ;-(

whitelight
19-03-09, 15:37
Thanks for posting up your positive account, I'm currently on 20mg Citalopram, I've only been on it a week (although I was on 10mg for about 6 days before that). Today has definately been a down day for me but reading your account has given me that little silver lining that things will improve. I'm having to fend off a constant buzz of anxiety that can peak when I get the dreaded NATS (Negative Automatic Thoughts) - which for me is all about worrying about the fact that our next door neighbours have moved out this week and I'm genuinely in a state of fear over who we could get (I half blame those bloody programs like "Neighbours from hell")

Anyway, glad to hear its working well for you, it gives me hope, so I thank you.

Dan

snowdrop
19-03-09, 22:23
Yay!! I am glad its working for you too Timmy...I can't believe how calm I am on this, They are my 'chill pills'.

Citalopram all the way! Long may it continue!!

x

lenore
20-03-09, 11:07
It's great to hear of such positive experiences! Thanks for posting them. It's so reassuring to someone like me just starting out on citalopram :)

Dan-I hope things get better for you soon. And I TOTALLY understand about the neighbours thing-I moved into my first flat alone in November and some of the neighbours are a bit noisy etc and it sent my anxiety wild. I blame those programmes too, as now I'm too frightened to complain about anyone!

jobear
20-03-09, 17:50
heya

ive been on cit for a month now to, and i have to agree im soooo much better ive never felt better for a while. all my HA has gone and my panic attacks, plaps chest pains ect. i feel good.
im also doing CBT and aye it hasnt helped as much as the drugs!
just worried about comming off though and if it goes bk to normal..

btw im the same.. dont want sex!!!

jo xx