PDA

View Full Version : hello, new member, sorry for the rant!

Orange
19-03-09, 15:52
Okay, so I'm a little nervous about writing about myself and am shaking as I try and write something that is not completely stupid and ranty...
I'm a female in my early 20s and started to have panic attacks when I was still at school and usually in social situations when I felt that I couldn't talk because I didn't have anything interesting to say, and then this feeling got progressively worse until I was completely convinced that everyone all the time would be able to see through into me and realise that I was a fraud of some kind and not worth the effort of anything and then had to run out of the room and away from the situation.
During my final year at university, with the added stress of end of year exams and my dissertation project I spent 3 months locked in my room, only coming out at night and being really scared of everything and everyone, not being able to sleep or see the good in anything and being upset and figetty all the time. At this point I decided I should do something about everything and went to the Doctors where I was "prescribed" a book to read, "Overcoming Panic" which I have been working through ever since. I've also been recommended CBT although this scares me and so far I have been unable to think about this seriously without just feeling shaky about it all and wanting to just hide away and bury everything with myself under the covers of my duvet.
I know this post is just a rant but I have no other way of introducing myself successfully, whatever I write I'll wish that I put the opposite so thought I'd just go for it and type away, sorry for you all having to read it!
thanks to this site for the courage it's given me to be able to even think about writing about myself on here and getting the help needed.
Em

diane07
19-03-09, 15:56
Hi em,

A huge warm welcome to nmp hun,

you'll get loads of help and support on here and make some lovely friends along the way,
there are loads on here that go through what you do.
just keep posting and we'll help all we can

best wishes
di xx

rosita
19-03-09, 16:22
Thank you Diane :-)

kittykat
19-03-09, 19:33
Hi there and :welcome: to the site a lot of good advice and support on here, it helps a lot, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Patty
22-03-09, 11:35
Hi Orange, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I can understand how you're feeling with panic attacks & social anxiety - wanting to hide away from everybody & everything. I have found it a great help to read of the experiences & advice of others on here.

Best wishes :bighug1:

kittyk
22-03-09, 18:32
Hello...welcome...this is a good place....xx

Dave777
22-03-09, 21:35
Hi Em,I can understand some of your problems, had a few of my own when I was in my Teens ...... long ago:blush:

I know you'll get through this ... I did, lots of support here for you.
Grab life with both hands, many rewards out there.

Dave:)

sunshine-lady
22-03-09, 23:40
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Orange
23-03-09, 19:49
Thank you for all your positive and kind messages. I'm going to make the most of this great website and all you wonderful people and hopefully eventually I'll be able to get through everything.
Em

lorac
23-03-09, 20:13
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will find some good support and advice on here.

Take care

Carol

Dave777
23-03-09, 22:38
Good for you Em, Go Girl Go:yesyes:

jimmy 17
24-03-09, 16:09
hay ya iv just read ur story im sorry 4 that i felt a littel like that some times but i just dount know how to sort things out im scerd il have to go to the mad hose if no 1 can helf me x

Erinath
24-03-09, 16:26
Hi Em, that didn't sound like a rant at all, just a well thought out introduction.

I felt that I couldn't talk because I didn't have anything interesting to say, and then this feeling got progressively worse until I was completely convinced that everyone all the time would be able to see through into me and realise that I was a fraud of some kind and not worth the effort of anything
I know this one all too well and totally sympathise, to be honest I think the reason why I joined this site was because I figured everyone was more or less in the same boat and therefore (in theory) those feelings would go away.

Here's hoping better times are in the near future for you.

PoppyC
24-03-09, 16:41
Hi! :welcome:
Welcome to what I think is a great site. I am sure you will find a lot of help and support here for you with people who can relate to what you are going through who are in similar situations!