PDA

View Full Version : citalapram has anybody not had side effects?

MOZZY
20-03-09, 07:32
Im 39 and been suffering panic attacks since dec 2008. i was on meds but came off as they made me really depressed to the point of wanting to give up. my friend is on citalapram and she is a different person only after a week and she had no side effects what so ever, she has knows lots of people on it and has said non of them had side effects. wonder if anybody else has any information?:blush:

StephdeMeth
20-03-09, 08:02
I think it depends on the body to be honest. I had really weird side effects - I doubled my dosage a couple of weeks ago on the monday and by the wednesday I was dizzy to the extent of not being able to stand up, it felt like I'd been span round on a roundabout many times, but when I started on them at a much lesser dosage I was fine. The effect of them is weird though, I've never been quite so happy, everyone's picked up on the fact that I'm now actually smiling and enjoying life, It's a great way forward!
xx

noodle1
21-03-09, 07:48
Hello, I started in citalopram 2 weeks ago and had a metal taste in my mouth on day one but since no problems and feel great now much happier, still get a bit anxious when doing the food shop, driving passenger in car, but other wize best thing Ive ever done.

starlight78
21-03-09, 08:25
Hi,

The first week i started on Citalopram they made me feel very dizzy and possibly a bit more anxious..this stopped after the first week though... they have been so helpful, I really improved within 2 weeks and was back to being me within 6 weeks. I find it really helps me with my anxiety as well as mood.

tryingtocope
21-03-09, 10:56
I'm on day 4 now, yesterday i had a banging headache and thought it might be side effects starting but today i feel great (hasn't kicked in for anxiety yet, but apart from that..) so i guess it might have just been a normal headache. So no side effects yet really x

Jan63
21-03-09, 18:33
I was on Citalopram and didn't really have any side effects either. I went on it in November I think but I ran out of them recently and my o.h had a accident and couldn't drive so I couldn't get to the doctors cos I won't use buses, so I had no choice but to come off them and I haven't had any side effects comeing off them either. I was on 20 mg a day and just stopped taking them which I know they advise you not to do but I had no problems whatsover but I must admit I did feel happier on them than I am now.:)

tskin
22-03-09, 16:18
I was given Citalopram (10mg for four days, increased to 20mg) during my first bout of anxiety in 2007, I didn't get on with it very well and stopped taking after a week. I decided not to use medication and thankfully CBT helped as well as gradually accepting that my symptoms were not actual health concerns.

frosty
24-03-09, 08:51
been using citalopram for a few weeks noe. started on 10mg/day and increased to 20mg/day after a week. the first day or so was great, felt like i was on cloud nine and had a 'floating' feeling 24/7. now though i feel mush the same as when i was on no medication (possibly not as bad though) but witha few added annoying side effects. get dizzier more often, feel more detached from myself more often and have great difficulty ejaculating (Dont suppose you needed to know that last point but its there and its annoying)!!

NoPoet
24-03-09, 09:42
I would say that if you do have side effects, they can be quite strong. I've had a few.

Kaybee
24-03-09, 11:12
My GP put me on a 4 week course of citalopram to see if I was suited to them I suppose.. the whole 4 weeks I was so nauseous that I couldn't leave the house even if I had wanted to. I guess it's just different for everyone.

I'm on different medication now and only got that churning stomach for a couple of days. Help me get some sleep and everything!

lenore
24-03-09, 14:01
I've been on them for 6 days now and I feel tired quite a lot (much better than feeling anxious though!) and I'm gritting my teeth, though that isn't due to anxiety, as I feel a lot more relaxed. I've really gone off alcohol too, though that's a good thing!