PDA

View Full Version : SSRIs cause bruises?

Cat80
20-03-09, 12:41
I've been on Prozac/Fluoxetine for almost 2 weeks now and have been coming up in bruises on my legs. Found a large one just under my knee yesterday even though I've not knocked it then today I find a small one under my other knee, again not knocked it. Have heard Prozac can cause easy bruising, just wondering if anyone else taking SSRI has bruised easily?

tom1
21-03-09, 01:35
I would see your doc about it. That seems like quite an extreme side-effect.

Dahlia
22-03-09, 21:39
I had that when I was on Seroxat. At one point I had eighteen bruises on my legs - and some of them were swollen. The Dr did liver tests, and they were completely normal. So I guess it is just a side effect. Worth mentioning to your GP though, as I think it is a slightly rarer side effect.

Dahlia

Sleepless999
22-03-09, 21:46
Hi there - I had a friend that was on Seroxat for a few months, and she had so many bruises that she had to stop taking it - it was definitely the Seroxat that did it. I think it IS listed as a side effect.

Cat80
23-03-09, 13:10
Thanks for the replies. I've since found a few diddy ones at the top of my thigh as well, never had this many before I was on Prozac. I have to go back to the Dr's in 3 weeks to see how I'm doing so will mention it then and see what she says