PDA

View Full Version : My Move !! Im Back!!- Lots of Updates!!

tattybear
02-08-05, 09:43
Hi All

Thanks so much for all your support & im sorry i havt had a chance to reply until now, but we've only just set our pc and net up so todays the first chance ive had to reply to you all.

The move went well...I hardly slept the nite before becausre i was soo excited, so the moring of the move i was exhausted! so I ended up having a PA, but my last one taught me how to deal with it and thats whta i did - i dealt with it and got over it quicker than last time, yeah it was scary, but i know it cant hurt me.

Me my mum and dad went to the new house whilst my finace and his dad loaded up at te old house and we sorted out at the new house when they arrived, so it worked really well.

The excitement did take over and although i had a few moment where i could feel it getting on top f me, i just tok a step back and chilled and then focused on somthing else...I had lots of things to do to take my mind of it!!

And I am soo happy in our new house :D

We now have 3 bedrooms, so we've got a spare room and a study which i love as it doesnt feel all cramped in like it did at our last place. We have a lovely garden which Is fab!! and my fiance also has a garage where he can go to to get away from me!! hehe

We're so happy in our new house and it really has made a lot of difference in my mood.

At our old house in was a town house with no back garden and had to hang washing at the side of the house which is in full view of everyone, so even litle things like habing washing out was a big thing for me.

Wheras now i feel i have more freedom and can enjoy being outside. I do feel empowered by it all and I really think this move is going to do me the world of good.

I am sleeping solidly for 7-8 house which is very very rare for me and i feel great for it.

I have even managed to go into a homewares type store, with my finace, and browes though things and enjoyed picking tihngs out for our new home, and actually stood at the till and paid!! And i went back again the next day - it was busier and i didnt feel as comportable, but hey, I still did it!

Yesterday I went into a small newsagent and bought a card, I went to a cash point by myself, into a co-op and a post office!!!! All the time with somone but managing to look for things and pay!!!! I wouldve never ever been able to do this a while ago!

Yes ok..the feelings of panic are still there, but im learing slowly to focus on somting else. I know i have a way to go, but if i slowly manag to go into small places, then it can only be helping me. Maybe having my PA's has made me realise just how bad things can be??

I was due to go on a family holiday next week ( they only booked it on sunday) it was meant to be a cruise, but it fell through so they are having 2 weeks in cyprus. I've decided not to go. I dont feel the time is right at the moment and it feels lke the right thing to do to stay..we are aiming for another holiday next year, so that is my aim :D

I am soo sorry this post has been so long! Ive been itching to get on the forum all week!!

Hope everyone is well and thanks for all your support.

Tatty B xx

Meg
02-08-05, 13:43
Good to hear from you Tatty and well done for all your huge steps of progress !!!!

I can completely understand about not going to Cyprus - you have a new home to sort out and a garden to tend ..

You keep doing small steps of progress and soon you'll look back at how far you have come - this week there have been huge steps already

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
02-08-05, 13:45
That is great news tatty i am so pleased the move went so well for you and you coped really well.

This is a total new beginning for you and you sound to have taken it all on really well.

I hope you are really happy in your new home and can now start enjoying your life again.

Well done mate and all the best wishes.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

tattybear
02-08-05, 14:48
Thanks Sal & Meg,

I still have so far to go but I am so much better than I was this time 8 months ago, or even this time 2 months ago...I can see that each small step is a big step to my recovery.

The move feels lke I have taken such a big step forward and its like ive turned a page in my book and for once..in such a long time..i actually fel happy.

Thanks Guys :D

Tatty B xx

sal
02-08-05, 15:43
Thats great Tatty and it is a new chapter in your life and you are so much better than you were and this can only continue.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

leo05
02-08-05, 16:53
hey well come bk and keep it up u are doing brilliant here if you need me

zena
02-08-05, 16:55
Tatty B,

How well you have done. It all sounds so exciting, so many things to do and itching to get on.
Well done for doing the shops.....see new chapter and new ways of coping .....new all over.

I am so pleased for you honey. Keep it going.
xx

with good wishes

Zena

tattybear
02-08-05, 19:10
Thanks Zena & Leo :D

YOur support has been great.

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
02-08-05, 19:25
Tatty

Hey welcome back and a big well done on coping with the move and everything.

So pleased you are happy in the new house - with a garden - yippeeee!

Good to hear from you again.
xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
02-08-05, 19:35
Hi Tatty

Well done on the way you coped with the move and I'm so glad you are happy in your new home.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
03-08-05, 10:56
Hi Tatty B,

Well Done hun I'm so pleased for you mate. HAPPY HOUSE WARMING.

Take care & think of all places you can hide!

Love PIP'S X X

tattybear
03-08-05, 11:49
Thanks Nic Karen & Pips :D

Ive just spent the mornig putting together a flat pack table and chairs set from argos...byy myself, and with the use of a drill!..and I did it!!! yay!! hehe.

The test will be weather they fall apart tonight!!

Tatty B xx

seh1980
03-08-05, 12:15
[Wow!] Tatty I'm very happy for you!! It's a big step so well done for coping with it all so well :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

tattybear
03-08-05, 12:28
Aww Thanks Sarah :D

Tatty B xx

sal
03-08-05, 12:35
See you can even turn you hand to DIY.

Love Sal xx

tattybear
03-08-05, 13:09
Hehe...I will let you know if the table & chairs are still standing later!

Tatty B xx

tattybear
05-08-05, 15:54
Update : Table & Chairs still standing!! :D

Im really chuffed with myself again - I went into our local Argo Extra with my fiance, its out of town so you're able to park right outside. I went in, checked the stock of an item, paid and waited for the item t come - I didnt feel comfortable and the dizzyness was still there - But I did it and thas the main thing :D

I think the more I do of this, the more it will help me.

Tatty B xx

zena
05-08-05, 23:43
Tatty B....

Go girly....really proud of you honey you are SO doing really well..and with the DIY.

Will be calling on your services soon...lol

Take care sweetie

with good wishes

Zena

tattybear
06-08-05, 16:16
Just another update -

TOday went in home base!! Was not going too as its a big place, but when we got there my fiance said go with him to look at some flowers out the front door, so I did..i then ventured into the entrance lobby to look at some BBQ's, then i managed to go inside, through the shop, out the back (quite a way from the exit) and pick out some plants and pay...go back to the car - and then go back in once more to look for somthing else!!!!

I'm still not confortable doing it and feel dizzy, but i am learning slowly how to deal with it. My anxiety managment course with Mind, due to start september time, should also help me loads.

Feeling really great that I am managing to go into these places which i never wouldve attempted to do a few weeks ago. :D

I am sleeping soooo much better in my new house as well, as soon as my head hits the pillow in off! and am sleeping in loads as well.

This move has been the best thing i couldve done.

Have spent the day outside gardening & ive realy enjoyed it :D

Tatty B xx

kirgray
06-08-05, 16:30
awww tatty youve cheered me up im sooo glad youve got your lovely new house you brought a smile to my face today carol smilie eat your heart out ha ha!!!X

Peru83
06-08-05, 18:18
Hi TattyB,

We've never spoken before but I would just like to say that after reading your post I too had a smile :) and believe me right now that is a big thing.

I'm really glad to hear that your coming on soo great, your new house sounds wonderful, can I come over,lol.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

mumof4
07-08-05, 12:43
well done for getting so far and i hope in continues, i used to be realy bad couldnt leave the house but now i go everywhere although if some times if its really busy i do get shakey but i ignore it and it goes away.

tattybear
07-08-05, 12:57
Thanks Kirsty Claire & Taylor...

I was quite bad a while ago and wouldnt even attempt to go in places, so ireally do feel like i am making progress :D

Im glad I made you smile :D And of course you can come round whenever you like! Only request is....no one gtes in unless they bring some haribo sweets!! hehe

Tatty B xx

seh1980
07-08-05, 16:11
[Wow!] you've made SO much progress Tatty!! Keep it up!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
07-08-05, 19:15
Tatty

Great news that this has cheered you up no end and basically changed your life!

Well done you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tattybear
08-08-05, 14:35
Thanks Sarah & Nic :D

Tatty B xx

Meg
08-08-05, 15:41
Tatty

Well done several times over . You're doing so very well and are on a roll...

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

tattybear
08-08-05, 15:45
Thanks meg,

I really do feel as though I am progressing, I am not focusing on the negatives as much if I go in places, and actually want to be able to go in shops ect and prove to myself that I CAN do it - im just longing to be able to go into town and go clothes shopping again without relying on the net - and I WILL beat it and I WILL be able to do this. :D

Thanks for your support :D

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
12-08-05, 14:06
Tatty

Start small with the shopping thing. Just go into town and maybe drive around a bit at first.

Just aim to go in one clothes shop and see how it feels. You can then leave and go home again. The next time aim to go in two shops and so on.

If done in small steps and with reassurance each time that you are ok, you will soon gain more confidence in shopping.

I hate clothes shopping but for other reasons - I can never find anything to fit lol!

Nicola

lainey
13-08-05, 12:53
Hi Tatty B

Well done chuck!
You sound so happy, all the best to you both on your new home.
It's so lovely to see positive success stories here as it helps to motivate others , onwards and upwards eh!

Take care

Elaine x

tattybear
17-08-05, 20:08
Thanks Nic & Elaine.

Thanks for the advise Nic, It is really apprecaited and am taking little steps at the moment which feels so good as Im working my way back to the top!

Today I went on a 3 mile forest walk with my bloke & his mum - I was a little nervous before hand but today I found I was able to put things into perspective and look forward to the walk insteda of worrying of the what ifs!

Before that, his mum had some leaflets to delvery around her estate, and we both helped with that, which for me is a big achievement as it meant i was out of my comfort areas with no where to escape to if i felt ill, but i did it and am so proud of myself.

We all really enjoyed the walk & it was a lovely sunny day too. We have a BBQ to go to and his mums on Sat with some of his family, Im a little nervous but know I can do it and wont let the bit P work get in the way of us having a good nite!:D

After a couple of unsteady days when my family went on holiday ( and i thought I wouldnt cope!) Im pleased to say that I AM coping and they are all having a fab time in temperatures of 40Degrees!

Tatty B xx

Meg
17-08-05, 20:28
Marvellous news Tatty

Really glad you're expanding your horizons

Meg x

tattybear
18-09-05, 16:34
Hi

Realy proud of myself today, felt very low and tearful last nite as was feeling sorry for my self regarding my anxiety etc and still felt wobbly this morning, but my fiance encouraged me to go out with im and we drove to a forest and did a 3 mile forest walk - I must admit that i did feel on edge and a little anxious (becaus i was alreday feeling anxious) but i did it! we played eye spy on the way round to take my mind of the anxious thoughts (but its a bit limited after 30mins of eye spy n a forest!). We went back home after and decided we wanted some new plants so went to our local homebase, i didnt plan to go in or to stay in the car, i just did what i felt was right, and i went in!! I was able to look around plants for a while and enjoy it, we then needed somthing which was in the main part of the store, so i managed to go through the shop at the back(away from exits!) and find what we were after and que at the till , pay and leave!

It was a major thing for me to be able to do the who;e shop thing esp going away from the exit but i am so so proud of myself that i did it. It was the first time that i actually felt a little 'normaly' - yeah i still felt dizzy and anxious but i really felt that i had control over it :D

Tatty B xx

Meg
18-09-05, 16:51
Good for you Tatty

Step by step eh.. very well done indeed.

Meg

Piglet
18-09-05, 17:38
Oh Tatty well done hun - I know exactly how much you've come on if you were able to do that! Smashing!!

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

tracyp584
18-09-05, 18:43
Well done Tatty,

I'm very proud of ya!!

Take care,

tracy x x

trac67
18-09-05, 18:45
Hi tatty,
A BIG WELL DONE, feel proud of yourself hun, you did so well. Keep it up, wont be long before you can do it by yourself. You go girl lol.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Karen
19-09-05, 01:23
Really well done Tatty. Great progress.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tattybear
21-09-05, 10:27
Thanks everyone[^]

Had my 2nd anxiety managment session which went greta, even managed to go in the main building by myself which is a big thing for me. after that i also managed to post some things off and get money out at the post office (my parents were with me) and also later on in the evening even went into sainsburys garage to get some bits with my finace! and had to que with 3 people in front of me , did feel tiniest bit anxious but got through it :D

Ive done more (ie been in places) the last 4 days than i have for ages and it feels fab!

Tatty B xx

Piglet
21-09-05, 10:45
Hi Tatty,

A great big well done - so pleased for you, alone or accompanied you are getting out and about pushing the boundaries, that's brill.

Big hugs

Piglet xx

trac67
21-09-05, 13:07
Hi Tatty,
Well done you are doing great, and like piglet says wether it is alone or accompanied, it doesnt matter, you did it.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

tattybear
21-09-05, 13:18
Thanks Piglet & Trac:)

Tatty B xx

Karen
21-09-05, 15:58
I agree that you are doing great Tatty. Fabulous progress!

Karen

bluesparkle
21-09-05, 16:35
well done you!!! :D
thats great news...
it does feel good doesnt it... keep it up
rach
x

tracyp584
21-09-05, 17:28
Hey Tatty!

WELL DONE!!!! I know exactly how hard it is to do what you've been doing, so a big well done from me! Keep it going, and you'll be in Topshop before you know it!!!(well you gotta think big haven't you!!)

Take care,

tracy x x

Meg
21-09-05, 19:51
Brilliant Tatty

Thats is great news indeed. Very well done.

Meg

tattybear
24-09-05, 10:56
Aww thanks for all your messages.

Am V chuffed with myself again today - Its not even 11am and ive already done loads! was up and out of the house before 9am! with my fiance, went to a furnature place to look for a new sofa, then to the post office to send 16 items off!! then to MFI and then to Harveys!! Cant belive I did it all!! I was able to put into practice the techniques i am learning and it is working - i still feel lightheaded and dizzy but i am coping with it! :D

We found a lovely sofa and chair and are back off to the shop this arvo to order it :D

Tatty B xx

Karen
24-09-05, 11:06
Well done Tatty B. You're doing fantastically well.

Karen

tattybear
25-09-05, 09:16
Thanks Karen,

Also managed to go into a small deli for a sandwich for lunch, back to the furnature store to order new sofa and sainsburys garage later on :D

Felt shattered last nite and still worn out a bit today!

Tatty B xx

Karen
25-09-05, 09:47
Wow Tatty B. I'm not surprised you felt worn out and are still a little tired today. What a busy and successful day! Well done.

Karen

tracyp584
25-09-05, 15:39
Tatty,

A big well done....... again!!

You are doing so well. Keep it going!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Meg
25-09-05, 16:36
Fabulous Tatty !! Wel done

Each day is a new day for opportunity..

Meg

seh1980
25-09-05, 17:54
Good for you Tatty!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

tattybear
26-09-05, 08:54
Thanks guys,

ended up with a bit of a migrane yesterday [xx(] but was ok, even manged to pop out to a shop to get a couple of bits, although I did feel worse with the anxiety etc because i had a pounding head! hehehe

Tatty B xx

lainey
26-09-05, 09:04
Just caught up with your thread Tatty, gosh you are doing so well.

Keep it up chuck

Take care

Elaine x

tattybear
26-09-05, 12:53
Thanks Elaine,

Although I am feeling very migraney today! think im just not used to doing much so after a busy weekend its taking its toll...but it was worth it!

Tatty B xx

tattybear
28-09-05, 19:59
Its been another sucessful 2 days...

yeasterday, was feeling quite ill still but pushed myself to go to my anxiety managment course - I got through it although it was hard as i was struggling with feeling ill and with being there esp as it was about breathing / oxygen, but I did it!

Today I had to have a medical assment for my incapasicty benifit, this was in town, and was a new place for me but made it there with my parents had had to deal with a 15 min wait but hey I did it and the doctor i saw was lovely.
after that my mum had to walk into the main town bit to take a skirt back...and without thinking i managed to walk in with her and go into BHS!! OH MY GOD! i couldnt belive that i was there! In town!! i hadnt been there for months! i managed to look around for a bit and use their toilet (!) but it was v hot in there and then decided to leave, and walk up the main street to where my dad was picking us up - then I also managed to go into Comet & B&Q!

I felt very anxious doing these things but I know if i dont push myself then it will only make things worse for me - I feel a bit freaked out when i think that i was actually in town!! but proud as well. There is a smaller town near us which i mite attempt with my fiance on the weeked...so fingers creoss it will be another sucess!

Tatty B xx

Karen
28-09-05, 20:11
Another great success Tatty B. You really are pushing forward and making great progress.

Well done for going to the course even though you were not feeling too well.

It's good too to plan another shopping trip to keep up the exposure. Small steps being repeated to anchor the knowledge that you can do it is good.

Karen

tattybear
28-09-05, 20:16
Thanks Karen,

And you are completly right, I now recognise that yes, i do have anxiety...but also that by avoiding places I made it 100 times worse! So im slowly building up my trips out etc and building my confidence back up - and feeling a tiny bit normal again! If that is possible!

Tatty B xx

Piglet
29-09-05, 09:24
Well done Tatty - you are doing so well.

Love Piglet :)