PDA

View Full Version : pain under rib

cheekycharlie
20-03-09, 14:04
Hiya,

Got the most awful pain under my left breast, feels like a rib is sticking into me & its hurting in my back too in exactly the same spot it is on my chest. Feels like awful cramp. Anyone got any ideas on getting rid of it? I thought it might be wind so I have taken some gaviscon & am drinking soda water. Also sat with cushion behind my back cos my back hurts & I have also taken pain killers.

cheers.xxx

Jo3016
20-04-09, 12:20
How are you feeling today?

I have had this type of pain on and off for about 3 weeks. Sometimes, it is not there and other times, it is like a sort of pinching pain across under my ribs (mostly the left one!). It feels sore in my back too. Doctor prescibed antacid which did nothing. I had blood tests which were fine and am having an abdominal scan in a few weeks to rule out gallstones. I keep worrying that they will find something bad but I have no other symptoms and 2 doctors have told me not to worry as the scan is more to put my mind at rest.

Hope you are feeling better soon. MIne gets worse if I get stressed about it, as, apparently, when we do this, we gulp more air which makes it worse. So, try to take your mind off it if you can!