PDA

View Full Version : Pains in breasts

sammyj
20-03-09, 14:10
For the last month or so I have been having random pains in my breasts. And because I recently have a heightened fear of cancers you can imagine I am only thinking the worst. I did come off the pill a couple months ago and doctor told me I body will go thorugh hormonal changes ie breast pain etc. But I am just so scared as never expereienced this before. I will prob go back and just have her check.But I am wondering if I am making things worse. I always touch and squeeze them to the point sometimes it feels like I have popped something, what could this be? could I be damaging my breasts, hence the more recent pain? Its not unbearable just mroe noticeable.I also recently went to the doctor because of pains in my shoulders and achy back, apparently its from my anxiety and the way I tense my back up. Feels like the pain radiates around to my chest sometimes.Cant help but think everytime it is something terrible

hi.im.alex
20-03-09, 15:12
You sound just like me, prodding at yourself until you do yourself a mischief!!:)
A while back I kept doing pushups to check whether i had a muscle wasting disease & I ended up giving myself all sorts of aches & pains:doh: & Im always prodding around my mouth & giving myself tonsilitis!

Try not to think about it, anxiety causes all sorts of funny symptoms!:bighug1:

MoodyBlue
20-03-09, 16:26
I had pains in my breasts back in October when I was applying for a promotion! At the time I couldn't possibly believe that the pains were caused by anxiety, I was convinced it was breast cancer and went to the doctor who brushed me off saying it was stress/anxiety. Sure enough, when I got the job the pains disappeared almost overnight.

I'm sure the poking and prodding doesn't do any harm, just be gentle!!! I think it's wise for women to check their breasts, but remember to do it at the right time of the month or you will feel lumps and bumps but that is completely normal!

jlou89
21-03-09, 13:12
It is perfectly normal for you to have aches and pains in your breasts.Your breast have natural lumps in them becuase of the tissue and they are on alert every month incase you get pregnant. Without going into detail mine hurt quite often as they are big! I really dont think you have anything at all to be worried about. Also what I have learned in my experience of suffering from anxiety you can worry to an extent that you imagine the symptoms. I have a massive phobia of cancer and diagnose myself all the time. Try not to worry to much about it x

sammyj
24-03-09, 16:46
thanks for your replies. i am a constant worrier. and I wouldnt say my boobs are on the small size, so wonder if its just that you have more to feel around for!
anxiety is the pits, but i do know that we have choices in what we allow ourselves to keep thinking