PDA

View Full Version : swollen lymph groin on my son? pls

jules33uk
20-03-09, 18:52
Hi there i am new to this site but been scouring as being plagued by worry.
My 14 yr old son complained ages ago about hurting in groin area and stuff i just put it down to growing pains as he never mentioned anything else.
Until yesterday, when he told me about a lump... i booke dhim in today for an appointment and went along she said swollen lymph in groin, she explained what the lymph does etc.

i asked her if its serious and if we have anything to worry about hoping for her to say nooooooooooooooo, she just said i dont think so, an she wants to give him a/biotics for 7 days and see how it goes, but that dont put my mind at ease! and also she said it didnt seem fixed and that it does have some movement there... which is ok ish i suppose.

i asked him after if it had got big all off a sudden or over time he said it were only real small but obviously grown over a period of time.
he has not lost appetite and still fit as a fiddle! plays alot of footy! and says painful to touch and sometimes when walking!

i am just panicing so much and my neighbour said dont worry hun, if they were that concerned surel they would of done something or referred him straight away, but still dont help all i think of is worst...

has anyone else had this problem at all could you gimme your experience

much appreciated and lots of love... jules xx

p.s everything i have read so far aint nice on google n stuff :(

trixi
20-03-09, 19:39
First thing

DON'T GOO|GLE it just sets your mind racing!!!

I think you should do what the doc says and see how the antibiotics help it, then if they do not work they may try stronger ones or something else. I am sure it is nothing to worry too much about.

Take care and try not to worry too much about him, although when its your children its easier said than done.

Keep us updated.

Trixi

jules33uk
21-03-09, 00:06
hey there i know it is hard! very hard its doing my head in terribly cant sleep at all eat or anything... trying to keep brave face at moment, but behind closed doors its different, especially when he keeps asking whats wrong.
anyway anyone else who has been in this position pls get back to me and hey trixi thanks for your positivity xxx

angietomjimandcass
21-03-09, 09:56
Has he been ill latley, my daughter had this dont worry hun keep an eye on it.

jlou89
21-03-09, 13:08
ok i'll start by telling you that my 3 year old had enlarged lymph nodes in her groin neck and armpits,high white cell count too,turned out to be a viral infection. I too have all my lymph nodes up at the moment and thats because of tonsillitus. basically he could have a cut on his toe and that would make his lymph nodes enlarge as the white cells race to help the cut. I know how terrifying it is though especially when you google and it comes back with cancers and all sorts! its hard not to worry especially about your kids x

happy
20-04-09, 19:35
hi there my son had a large swollen lymp node i went to a and e to have it checked out this was quiet hard and swollen and he was in alot of pain walking they addmitted him and done a biopsy and scan doctors told me not to worry but i am wich is natural try not to google as it worrys you well am awating results on wed well take care all will be fine if also anyone else has these symptoms let me know how it turned out many thanx

mandie
20-04-09, 20:41
Hi

try not to worry to much , u say he has his appetite and is playing football, that sounds like its nothing to be concerned about.

i no its hard not to worry bout yr children though

love mandie x

LisaLisa
21-04-09, 13:51
Hi there i am new to this site but been scouring as being plagued by worry.
My 14 yr old son complained ages ago about hurting in groin area and stuff i just put it down to growing pains as he never mentioned anything else.
Until yesterday, when he told me about a lump... i booke dhim in today for an appointment and went along she said swollen lymph in groin, she explained what the lymph does etc.

i asked her if its serious and if we have anything to worry about hoping for her to say nooooooooooooooo, she just said i dont think so, an she wants to give him a/biotics for 7 days and see how it goes, but that dont put my mind at ease! and also she said it didnt seem fixed and that it does have some movement there... which is ok ish i suppose.

i asked him after if it had got big all off a sudden or over time he said it were only real small but obviously grown over a period of time.
he has not lost appetite and still fit as a fiddle! plays alot of footy! and says painful to touch and sometimes when walking!

i am just panicing so much and my neighbour said dont worry hun, if they were that concerned surel they would of done something or referred him straight away, but still dont help all i think of is worst...

has anyone else had this problem at all could you gimme your experience

much appreciated and lots of love... jules xx

p.s everything i have read so far aint nice on google n stuff :(

Hi Jules

Dont know if this is any help to you but i always remember my friend saying that it is common for groin nodes to swell in groin of people playing sports like football where they aften have bruises and other injuries. Apparently lymph nodes can respond to lots of things, especially big bruises, especially the groin nodes, my doctor said they are the dirty nodes because they deal with the feet too.

Please dont google, you will only be aware of the bad stuff and your mind will bias out the less worrying explanations.

Lisa
xxx

coles-19
22-09-09, 21:09
i have recently had the same problem.. im 15year old boy and play football all the time.. this first occured when training and crossed the ball and my groin just completely pulled and was really hurtin afterwards.. after 2weeks i still couldnt run properly or even kick a ball so went to the doctors.. also within this 2 weeks i could feel a lump on my left groin... at the doctors they had a feel and simply said it was a swollen gland and that i have pulled the muscle.. also i was having throat infections and also swollen glands in my throat plus my belly.. she said their all linked with a virus that i have actually been ill and gave me tablets and said if it doesnt go down then come back and theyll check even further into the lump... thing is im peed off cause i cant even play football or do p.e in school which is annoying as i am a very sporty person... hopefully this has helped.. nothing to worry about really

Cell block H fan
22-09-09, 21:31
Oh Jules I would & have been like you too ive gotta admit. My 14 yr old had a couple of lumps, one in front of his ear & one just above his adams apple. The doc did blood tests & they came back negative. He was put on antibiotics before that, but it made no odds. They have put it down to some kind of viral thing, as apparently the glands swell for all sorts of reasons. My son has acne, & they think its to do with that. Kinda like a self defense thing kicking in? Glands can swell in any part of the body.
This was near the begining of this year & he still has them, but we aren't going to do anything about them. Hopefully as he gets older they will just go on their own.
x