PDA

View Full Version : I am new to this site, but wish I had found it years ago!

medsec27
20-03-09, 19:51
Hi

I am new to No More Panic, so just introducing myself. I have had panic attacks and anxiety since I was 18 (am 37 now!). Had loads of counselling and therapy, but they have always come back. Was on Seroxat for 4 years, which did wonders. Am now 12 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child (have a 10 and 7 year old already). Had a bit of a hard time last few weeks as have a fear of vomiting and this has been a trial and a half. Starting to get a bit fed up with the panic attacks now as they are changing into more of a gagging sensation (which could also be related to the pregnancy) and I am sure I look such an idiot at times when I am struggling to have conversations with people. Been having acupuncture for morning sickness and the anxiety and even managed to have a gagging session during that today. After nearly 20 years of panic, I am starting to wonder if it will ever get better. Hence being on here at last. Think I need some support from people who know what it is like. Anyway that's me. Sorry for the long intro. :blush:

eternally optimistic
20-03-09, 21:08
Hi

Welcome and glad you've found the site.

Congratulations on being pregnant too, I bet your older children are excited.
You'll get loads of help there, no doubt.

There'll be lots of people on here who will relate to your situation.

lorac
20-03-09, 21:14
Hi

Welcome to the site and congratulations. I think you will get some good advice and support on here, I was very anxious and had panic attacks when I was expecting my third child so I do understand what you are going through.

Take care

Carol

diane07
21-03-09, 10:13
A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here aswell as making some lovely friends along the way

congrats to you, there'll be loads that have been through what you're going through
just keep posting and we'll help you all we can

best wishes

di xx

Wee-Mee
21-03-09, 11:04
Hi I'm glad you found this site. It is wonderful! I'm new here myself and I find it a GOD send and everyone is so lovely and supportive.

Congrats on your pregnancy but sorry about the sickness. *hugs*

Take care and feel free to pm or whatever any time

Amy xxx

medsec27
21-03-09, 21:41
Thank you for all those lovely posts. Made me quite emotional, but that could be the hormones!!

kittykat
22-03-09, 08:29
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice and support on here, the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

sunshine-lady
22-03-09, 23:30
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
23-03-09, 00:13
Hi Medsec, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: