PDA

View Full Version : Doom and gloom fears of being single

phil06
20-03-09, 22:47
I feel like I am going to be single forever It's been almost two years since my last long term g.f and since then had many dates that's never been the right one and I've not had a date in a few months and I just feel now it could be years if ever.

I am at the stage where I have tried and had that much rejection I have little fresh hope when the odd chance of chatting to someone new comes up. I use to be optimistic but the long term single period has dropped my confidence and I have suffered lots of anxiety. I worry how I will treat the next g.f and battle awful HOCD thoughts and relationship OCD at times.

I just can't seem to see clear at the moment I use to be able to map things out but I get horrible fears like what If I end up no longer being into woman? it's awful as I'd like to find a nice g.f. Basically on general I feel my anxiety will never be over I know it's common but i worry because I worry and the fact I can't see a clear picture all the time.

I feel the same about new jobs feel I have tried everything and am stuck in my current job I hate. I've applied to some new jobs but feel very little hope given the current economic situation.

I have positives going around which is great but work and my love life means alot to me and I just feel I'm not quite where I want to be. Just can't be bothered with any at the moment.

Does anybody else feel this way? Am I normal? Will I ever see clealy again? :shrug:

bumbles
20-03-09, 23:08
Hi there, just wanted to say hello your not alone and you have to learn to love yourself first you seem very down on yourself. When you gain confidence in yourself you will be more attractive to others. A bit of self praise wouldnt go amiss your working hard and trying to change your job so you are doing really well. Give yourself a pat on the ack for all your efforts and soon you will find someone nice to share your life with Im sure.

krog
21-03-09, 20:15
I was exactly the same as you when I was (a lot) younger !
I got to the point where I was actually accepting the fact that I would be single for life. I even started to appreciate the many, many benefits of being single.

Then just as that had happened, straight out of the blue, I met my future wife !
Within months I went from this resolutely single person to a soon to be married person.

The point I am trying to make is stop worrying about being single. Enjoy your life to the full and remember that no one knows what lies around the corner for us.
:D

i hate panicking
21-03-09, 20:39
Hi phil06,

Krog's right and usually it happens when your not really looking:)