PDA

View Full Version : Been on fluoxetine for about 2-3 months now

hampa
21-03-09, 06:47
I've been on fluoxetine for a few months now, i started with the 20 mg, got moved up to the 20 mg but queried my gp about any other forms of fluoxetine i could take (i was getting indigestion if i had something warm like tea before or after i took the fluoxetine)

i was put onto liquid (60 mg), but the taste was just terrible, even having a teaspoon of honey after left a horrible taste in my mouth.

so i was moved back to the capsule form, 3x20 mg a day but lately i've started to slip.
i would forget o take them and probably end up having them late (normally after 6pm)
and since i've started having trouble sleeping, i will be exhausted but unable to sleep, feels like my minds going too fast for me to keep up.

so i'm currently sitting in my room at 5:40AM researching fluoxetine,etc and came accross this forum.
i haven't taken yesterday (fridays) capsules yet.

i'm not sure if i should take them now, sleep and take saturdays at about midnight.
or if i should just skip fridays, try get some sleep and take saturdays as soon as i wake up.
i was told not to skip a day because it might mess with the progress i've made so far with the fluoxetine.

Any advice you can give?
All help is apreciated :)

tiffanysdesigns
21-03-09, 07:18
Hi ya,

I also take Fluoxetine and I just to take mine at night time but was having trouble sleeping. My Pyschiartrist said they should not be taken at night time and to always take them in the morning as soon as I wake up.

Perhaps it is worth giving this a try.

In my opinion (not medical) I would take your dose Saturday morning and then take daily in the morning. I would not worry about Fridays dose. I have missed days and still ok.

hampa
26-03-09, 01:30
i decided to take your advice and skip fridays dose, visited my GP and was given paroxetine 30 mg tablets, he said that its like fluoxetine but without the sleeplessness.
but after researching it online i discovered that its got way more side effects, which INCLUDE sleeplessness?:shrug: i'm kinda confused.
any thoughts at all?