PDA

View Full Version : will prozac work for me

anxiouselephant
21-03-09, 14:19
After years on meds (paroxatine which worked for a few years ,sertraline which worked for a few years then stopped working all of a sudden ,ciprex which didnt touch me full stop ,venlaflaxin which made my heart tacycardic, duloxetine which lifted me slightly but not nearly enough) im now on day 4 of prozac but feel rather awful i have aniexty about dizziness which is there all the time and have sensations in my tongue that i worry about and now there getting worse is this just side effects and how long will it be before they disappear and will be able to live my life again as i havnt been able to do hardly anything since last may , can anybody let me know if they have had good results from prozac or bad ones .

Oceanblue
21-03-09, 14:37
Hi,

I've found that when first taking Fluoxetine it heightens Anxiety, but after the first two weeks, these symptoms subside.

It seems you need to give the medication alittle time, if however the Anxiety doesn't fade, you obviously need to see your doctor who can then advise you what to do next.

Hope this helps alittle. x