PDA

View Full Version : Everyone read please

Rebecca
02-08-05, 14:18
OK here is my problem...
I am going on vacation is like 3 weeks.... I am a nose spray addict/abuser. I know that sounds crayz, but for over a year I have used nose spray everyday. I hate it and want off of it. I feel like if I dont use it I will just sufficate.

Anyways I am going on vacation in like 3 weeks and have been planning this for months now. I am worried that im going to get ill and not be able to go or feel horrible the whole time. Im even planning a time to go to the doc to get meds like the week before even if im feeling better, cause I want this trip to go smooth.

Gah I hate this feeling, the feeling of not being in control of my feelings.
I worry and worry that there is something wrong with me... Even though I have stuffy nose and itch all over my face which sounds like allergies. But anyways.... I just need some light shed because im becoming depressed.... please help.

Rebecca

ruthie
02-08-05, 14:36
hi rebecca
sorry to hear about your worries
i have similar worries to you as well
i went on holiday for the first time in 5 years and was in a total state of panick at the airport
however as the holiday went on i really relaxed and enjoyed myself and didnt want to go home!
im sure this will be the same for you
talk to your doc about your med concerns
and enjoy your vacation
ruth xx

ruthie

tt
02-08-05, 17:17
Here is some suggestions that worked for me. Try using the nasal spray in one side of your nose only and this will give the other passage time to heal. You should begin to breathe again soon. Only use at night before bed. During the day try and learn to breathe through your mouth. Instead of using the spray try using a saline. It is a mixture of salt and water. The measurements can be found on a site or call a pharmacy. They also sell the saline there as well and it is none addicting. I don't use it anymore unless I get a cold and even then only on one side. I do however have it in the house at all times just as a security blanket.

TT:)

TT:)

Cinders4
02-08-05, 17:32
sorry if this seems like a daft question but what kind of nasal spray.... like a decongestant??????

Im sure your holswill be fine once you get there and unwind!!![:P]

kimmy
05-08-05, 09:24
YOU GOTTA REMEBER WHAT YOUR WORRYING ABOUT IS ALL WHAT IF???!!!!!! WE CAN ALL WORRY AND DO ABOUT WHAT IFS TILL WERE BLUE IN THE FACE, AND NOBODY WILL KNOW UNTILL IT HAPPENS.
HAVE YOU ACTUALLY TRIED NOT TO BUY ANY SRAYS FOR YOUR NOSE? IS IT AN ADDICTION LIKE SAY ALCOHOLISM OR IS IT JUST LIKE A MENTAL ADDICITION AND YOU WONT COME TO HARM IF YOU DONT HAVE IT??? XXX

eeyorelover
05-08-05, 16:15
hey Rebecca -
just make sure that the nose spray you are using doesn't contain Colloidal Silver. If you use it alot it can do more harm than good. causes a build up of silver in the body that can turn your skin gray.
I just thought you should know that.

Phill2
09-08-05, 11:30
Hi Guys
I know what you mean I've been on nasal spray for 30 yrs ( back then they didn't warn you) and I've tried to give it up several times.
Funny thing is if I'm not stressed and everythings going fine I don't need it.
Other times its 4 times a day.

Yesterday's History,Tomorrows A Mystery,Today Is A Gift - Thats Why They Call It The Present

nomorepanic
09-08-05, 15:23
Jullip

Is this actually helping do you think or is it just the action of using the nasal spray that helps. What I was thinking was whether just squirting air up your nose would have the same effect if it came from a nasal spray container?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
09-08-05, 15:53
...or change to normal saline solution which hasn't got the active chemicals in it

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Phill2
10-08-05, 02:35
Thanks for the advice guys but I've tried saline to no avail. When I am anxious my nose blocks solid and I can't breathe. Unfortunately after using the stuff for so long I have no potion but to continue.

Yesterday's History,Tomorrows A Mystery,Today Is A Gift - Thats Why They Call It The Present