PDA

View Full Version : Am i getting scitzophrenia

anxiouselephant
21-03-09, 16:33
Help am getting really paniced ive been on prozac for 4 days and woke up in the early hours from haveing some sort of nightmare i think but i cant tell if the feeling i had were real or just in the dream ,it was like someone trying to access my body like you see these spiritulized do , also the dream i think was about me being in bed asleep as i was so now im terrified to sleep tonight in case this happens again , im scared im losing it please help

CJH86
21-03-09, 18:28
I think its the side effects of the prozac....i had a similar thing on a different SSRI medication, but i had problems with seeing/imagining things during the day as well....i didnt even know what was real, once i stopped the drug afer a few days it went away.

The drug increases the level of neurotransmitter (seratonin) in the brain so it can have the affect of vivid dreams and sometimes even hallucinations, i can assureyou the drug cant give you schizophrenia, schizophrenias caused by the excess of a different chemical (dopamine) ....and they symptoms are different.

LisaLisa
23-03-09, 09:51
Help am getting really paniced ive been on prozac for 4 days and woke up in the early hours from haveing some sort of nightmare i think but i cant tell if the feeling i had were real or just in the dream ,it was like someone trying to access my body like you see these spiritulized do , also the dream i think was about me being in bed asleep as i was so now im terrified to sleep tonight in case this happens again , im scared im losing it please help

Hi

When I first had depression a few years ago, I had all these fears that I was becoming schitzophrenic or something similar but it really was just panic and anxiety and depression. Just forget about the dreams and all the wird feelings and try your best to think about nice stuff and do things to chear yourself up. Try really hard and ignore all the weird thoughts and worries, its just symptoms of anxiety

Lisa

x