PDA

View Full Version : At work - feeling really panicky - no idea why!

liz_uk
21-03-09, 16:54
I`m actually at work at the moment (reception) and am having a very mild panic.. I`m taking low dose of citalopram, but my panics are controlled.

but for some reason, I am feeling very anxious... feel dizzy, panicky - like I want to get out.

Just need some reasurance that i`m not going mad I think !! I`m here for another 6 hours!

PoppyC
21-03-09, 17:11
Hi Liz :)
You are not going mad - just feeling anxious. You are not alone, cos I am having quite an anxious afternoon, thats why I came onto the site. I dont know why I feel anxious either and never know! I got told its free floating anxiety. I take a low dose of Citalopram too. How long have you been taking them for?
Are you able to go and take a break at all? If not can you go make a drink, visit the bathroom? anything just to take a few moments out, sit down and relax? Are you able to have anything to drink or eat - maybe not at reception? I find if I am feeling very anxious, that if I keep my blood sugar levels up, it helps ease the anxiety. Do you do any breathing exercises at all? Maybe try concentrating on your breathing and calming yourself right down.
Hopefully your anxious feelings will begin to come down again and you will more relaxed.
:bighug1:

liz_uk
21-03-09, 19:41
Well i`m not feeling to bad now, had a abit of a break and a cuppa..

Been on citalopram now for about 9 months!

Been having CBT too as my anxiety has been triggered off again by 2 sudden deaths of close family, so working through it.

It`s just annoying that I can be one minute happily going on with day to day life, then the next my heart is racing, I get sweaty and panicky.

I try and `challenge` it and use castle breathing, but sometimes it`s hard - haven`t mastered it yet!