PDA

View Full Version : Introduction Pg

pg
21-03-09, 18:51
Hi my name is Paddy

I have suffered from anxiety for the last twenty years.

I am in my early thirties.

I take Effexor.

Have more or less been without serious anxiety for the past four years until one month ago when I had to come back from holidays and it all flared up.

At the moment i have the full range of symptoms i.e. Feeling like i can't breathe and the rest.

Feel very helpless and don't know what to do.

Regards

Paddy

MOZZY
21-03-09, 19:17
Hi paddy , welcome to this site. sorry to hear that you are not feeling to great. I get panic attacks and have the not being able to breath, then think im going to die.... but i know its all in my head. I find that a form of councilling is good. Just to let everything out and try and clear the rubbish and worries we store away in our minds. You are not alone, there are so many of us. And to be quite honest that in reassuring in itself. CHIN UP. :)

i hate panicking
21-03-09, 20:01
:welcome:Paddy,

You'll get lots of advice here.

kittykat
22-03-09, 08:33
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice and support on here, the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

sunshine-lady
22-03-09, 23:27
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

pg
22-03-09, 23:50
Dear Guys

Thanks so much for your response and encouragement.

I feel like an old hand with anxiety at this stage.

I have been through cbt, psychologists, psychiatrists and gp's.

I did find they helped a lot.

I am going to my GP tomorrow to ask him to refer me back to the Psychiatrist.

I don't personally feel he gives me the necessary time even though i have only been with him once in the last twelve months.:bighug1:

I was discharged by the head doc about seven years ago.

I personally found it very helpful to see him every month or so.

My greatest fear is going back to the stage where i can't feel i can control my thoughts and bodily feeling and that massive fear that i am going to stop breathing etc.

Thanks so much once again it is great to talk to people and to get strength from their experiences and hopefully offer strength and hope in return.

Paddy xxx

pg
22-03-09, 23:59
Dear Guys

Thank you so much.

I want to try and strem this present dose of anxiety and feeling like i can't breathe and all the other physical symptoms aswell.

Done the whole jig of cbd and head doctors.

Was discharged by head doc eight years ago or so.

Have been relatively panic free for last five or six years or so.

I keep feeling like i can't breath or will choke etc.

Going to see GP tomorrow. Don't feel he listens too much. More of a pill dispenser type.

Want to go back to shrink (hope use of shrink is ok as other word too difficult to spell).

Am on Effexor XL 150 per day.

Found very good until last couple of weeks.

Am on Effexor for last three years.

Was on Seroxat prior to that.

Cut down from Efexor 225 per day a year ago or so.

Think I might need to go back to 225.

Thanks once again.

Patrick xxx

Patty
23-03-09, 00:37
Hi Paddy, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)