PDA

View Full Version : its still ongoing

ruthie
02-08-05, 14:33
hi im back
same problems pain in the jaw and clicking of the jaw
pressure and pain in ears and head
i have read up too much on the internet and now i am convinced i have either a brain tumour, heart disease or jaw cancer!
i have been back to gp again for the 6th time and she said no point refering me as she couldnt see anything!
i am off to i&e later as i dont seem to be getting anywere with my doctor.
im so fed up now...
love
ruth

ruthie

Meg
02-08-05, 15:06
Have you tried your dentists or a walk in NHS clinic rather than A+E ?

Its very hard top think rationally continually but if you have already been checked out for these things A+E may not be very helpful as they won't see them as emergencies but hope you get some reassurance if you go.

Yes you have read too much and its highly unlikely that you have any of these 3 things with the symptosm you describe .

You could read up more in the internet but make sure it a balanced read . What else could it be which is not critical ?

Pain in Jaw,cheek bones and around eyes (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2475)
Another little question (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3787)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

ruthie
02-08-05, 16:09
thanks meg
but i have read that ear and jaw pain can be a result of heart disease - i do smoke and i am slightly over weight so i am assuming the worst
i wish the gp would have checked me over and offered blood tests she seems not to beleive me and thinks it is down to anxiety.
do you know what i am most frightened of is finding out that i have something terminal and i will not see my little girl grow up. im sure loads of people feel this way but until i feel 100% better i cant shake it off.
i seem to have a few good days then a couple of bad days if there was something seriuosly wrong then i would feel bad all the time?

ruthie

Meg
02-08-05, 16:23
Correct

What do you think a blood test would tell you ??? Zilch apart from a cholesterol.

An exercise ECG would be better.

So in order to help yourself in this health anxiety you could work on your two identified risks .. noone says giving up is easy and neither is dieting or exercise but as you get there you will KNOW that your heart is strong and not at risk.

**i seem to have a few good days then a couple of bad days if there was something seriuosly wrong then i would feel bad all the time?**

Yes, I tend to agree with your doctor on the basis of what you've told us. These are factually all very common anxiety traits.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
02-08-05, 16:25
Hi Ruthie

You say "if there was something seriously wrong then i would feel bad all the time"

What you say is very true and I used this to help me get through things. I used to think well if it was a brain tumour or a heart problem then I would feel that bad all the time and I didn't so it reassured me.

I am not sure A&E will be best pleased to see you if you have already been to the docs and he told you that all was ok. They tend to deal with real emergencies and I think that deep down you know this isn't.

It will all calm down in time trust me and then you will start to have more good days than bad ones.

Have a lovely relaxing bath tonight and try to soak away some of the worries and aches.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

ruthie
02-08-05, 16:29
thanks meg

i have booked an appointment with the dentist for thursday to have an x ray- i know that going to a&e will annoy them as i wont be classed asan emergency so i will see how it goes in the dentis then.
i will let you know
already started diet and excersise go swimming twice a week!
love
ruth

ruthie