PDA

View Full Version : its bedtime . . .help

cheskia
22-03-09, 00:54
Oh god its bedtime, i hate going to sleep im sacred i stop breathing in my sleep or dont wake up, i try stay awake till i just cant any more but then im so tiered the next day, i always try get to sleep before my boyfriend because i also hate it when he is asleep before me and im laying awake on my own, i dont know what it is about bedtime but i hate it and so sacred, can any one help :( x x

xBettyBoopx
22-03-09, 01:10
Hi cheskia

I'm just letting you know that you aren't alone, although I know that's not any comfort. I am the same as you, but I live alone so I go to bed when I cannot keep my eyes open any longer & then hope that the anxiety/panic doesn't hit me in the 30 seconds that it takes to get from my living room to my bed:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I know you live with your b/f but can you leave a tv on low or maybe a radio? Would it be possible to leave a small light on? It would be pointless telling you to try & relax!!

I don't think it's the darkness that we're scared of but the complete silence.

I'm sorry I have no answer for you, but I needed to answer you because I know how bad it is.

Are you using a laptop in bed? If so play the games until you just can't keep awake any longer. Do you work? If not, does it matter if you oversleep because you're tired the next day.

You will NOT stop breathing or die in your sleep. You didn't last night or the night before that etc. Please don't get me wrong, I know how scared you are, cause I have been there.

I wish I could help you, I really wish I had answers.

Els
xxx

cheskia
22-03-09, 01:15
Thank you els, i dont have a laptop i use the internet on my phone to come on here and keep it by my bed so as soon as the fear strikes i come on here. X x x

xBettyBoopx
22-03-09, 01:29
Just a thought cheskia, but have you tried those 'Kalms' tablets that you can get from a chemist? I haven't tried them myself because I take prescribed medication.

If you're on your phone, you won't be able to play the games then huh?

Have you tried a relaxation tape? Do you have a personal stereo, or whatever it is youngsters use these days, lol. That wouldn't disturb your b/f.

cheskia
22-03-09, 01:38
I havent tried the kalms stuff but i have seen it advertized on tv, i dont know what it is its weird when im on here im fine and feel ok so i decide to come off to try sleep but then fear gets me seconds later its like i have to force myself to get tiered to i can sleep, i think its a mix of the dark and silence and the feeling off being all alone when my boyfriend is asleep (like he is now) and i get sacred if something happens to me in my sleep no one will know cus he is asleep if that makes any sence Xxx

xBettyBoopx
22-03-09, 01:51
Yes it does makes sense, but it is totally irrational thinking:mad: :mad:

How do you feel now? I mean, you're not typing now I presume. So is it because you are actually on the site that you are ok or because you are waiting a reply? Damn, I was thinking that you could leave it on but I just remembered your on your phone, it must cost a fortune:ohmy:

Have you been to drs? Do you talk with b/f about how you feel? You're only 18, get this nipped in the bud.

You'll soon be looking back at this & wondering why you felt so bad.

I have to go now now cheskia, but please remember nothing is going to happen to you, you will be fine just like all the other nights. Try some of the things I've suggested.

I hope you go to sleep pretty soon. AND remember they are only feelings that can't harm you & these feelings are only coming from thoughts. You won't come to any harm, I promise.

Els
xxx

cheskia
23-03-09, 02:27
Thank you els x x x

aveeava
23-03-09, 09:34
hello, im new to this site and i have the same problem, i have GAD and always have a hard time sleeping because i fear i wont wake up or my heart will slow down to much what really has helped me out the most is to keep my phone really close by me and also to have the tv on even if you dont have any sound the light from the tv helps me fall asleep, hopefully this will help you a bit, also a lite lite snack like some cracker and milk can help you fall asleep and feel more relaxed :D

hope it helps

cheskia
23-03-09, 19:58
I might try warm milk to night!!! Xxx

jadeyjade
23-03-09, 20:37
are you 18? i am too and i dread bedtimes :(

Anxious_gal
23-03-09, 22:07
relaxtion music helps me or watching a movie on my Zen mp3 player!

NoPoet
24-03-09, 00:28
I've probably mentioned this in a few threads now, but try this:

Get an mp3 player (if you don't own one you can buy them really cheap) and put a load of relaxing, gentle songs and pieces of music on it. Keep it fully charged and standing on your bedside table.

Now when you start getting anxious -- whether it's when you get in bed, or if you wake in the night or early hours of the morning -- get your earphones in and play the music. This part is really important: if you play it at a gentle, low volume, low enough that the music sounds subliminal (your subconscious "tunes in" to it), you should hopefully find that helps you relax.

Try drifting off to sleep with your favourite tunes drowning out any anxiety. keep the volume low though, you don't want to be jarred awake by a noisy song.

cheskia
24-03-09, 01:27
Thanks guys. Im having a horribale night tonight im in bed now and i can feel the panic coming over me x :(