PDA

View Full Version : Hate this feeling

NeedAssitancexx
22-03-09, 02:26
I suffer from social anxitey im a 19!! in highschool i was really popular cared about how i looked and social and had a lot of friends and was always going out to partys now its so hard to be with people and have a normal conversation with people and i hate getting ready and to be alone with a friend is so nerve wrecking!! my whole life has changed and i dont ever see my friends as im always making excuses to avoid them my doctor prescribed me ciraplex so i was wondering if anyone has went through this and if the pills help!! Thankks

marius
22-03-09, 11:13
Hi,
I`ve been through this at the time I was abt your age, maybe earlier. It eventually disappeared, as I got more confident about myself. Avoidance is not a solution. You can train yourself to regain your social life by gradualy increasing your exposure to social "stress", up to the level of slight discomfort.
Cipralex will help you, but I don`t think it is enough. I think you will also need a form of psychotherapy like CBT.
Engaging in a physical activity or in a form of art which builds stamina and self-esteem may also help. I would try karate, aikido, or other form of traditional martial arts. This is also a way to get in contact with other people, and make friends.
marius

NoPoet
24-03-09, 00:22
The pills will hopefully help your anxiety, but the only way to fix the problem is to look at why you feel the way you do and try to tackle it head on. What has changed that makes you anxious about being with people?