PDA

View Full Version : raing heart from alcohol and prozac? scared15

cthechick84
22-03-09, 14:19
hello all
having a bad day last night i went to an 25th aniversary party and decided to have 2 wkd alcopop bottles lol more like pop and after that boom my heart started racing and it drove me crazy the more i listened the more it got faster im still pretty much the same today but tryin to relax myself,cnt belive how 2 silly bottles of wkd cud efect me , has anybody had afunny effect frm prozac and alcohol ?im never trying alcohol again because i was doin so welland now im panicin again cos of my thumping heart.i can feel it everywere it feels like it wont slow down.what i makin this happen ?is it cos the tblet will b canceled out after alcochol?any advice appeciated thanks xxx

pete69
22-03-09, 14:44
hi,
how long have you been on the prozac? if it has been in your system for a few months i doubt the alcohol would cause the symptoms you described,
obviously we all react different to alcohol and meds but i always used to drink when on ssris-they say dont on the leaflet or words to that effect,but sometimes you just feel like a drink or 3.

have you done some relaxation techniques today,may help you and stop the racing heart.

take care
pete

cthechick84
22-03-09, 22:43
ive only been on then for bout 2 mnths cumin up quite new really and ths is the first time iv drank on them so im sure its frm the drink plus coffee and lucozade i had yesterday ,but im makin it worse wiv listenin to my heart etc.im tryin to relax now thanks ,its jus im worried about falling bad scared x

pete69
23-03-09, 07:52
yup 2months is still very early doors,i would try and avoid alcohol for a month or so if you can,that way you will lessen the chance of it happening again.
also the coffee and lucozade is also not good for anxiety-caffeine is another thing that should be cut back,especially after a few drinks.plenty of water !
haha i write all this but im the same with cups of tea and hangovers so maybe i should listen to my own advice
take care and try not to focus to much on your heart-its just a feeling right-all be it one you dont like-it cant hurt you and distraction is the key

take care