PDA

View Full Version : Gallbladder scare

tt
02-08-05, 17:02
I have been worried alot about my gallbladder. I don't know if it is or if it is muscular. I get crampy under my right rib and around to the back. Sometimes it feels like my rib is overlapping.
Again since I am sooo focused on this part of my body, I question myself.
Has anyone experienced this or had gallbladder problems.
Next fear is if it is "I am afraid or surgury and not making it out.

TT:)

Cinders4
02-08-05, 17:36
I sometimes get the thing under my rib where it almost feels like its been pulled back into my body, after a few moments it sorts itself out although Im left feeling a bit bruised.

I actually think its a muscular thing in my case and something literally getting caught up!!!!!!!

I also have the same panic about surgery, not gall bladder specifically, but more general, Its the same really though. I fear I wouldnt wake up again, but more concerning, I fear that if I was told I had to have surgery of any kind I would be so freaked that I would not make it to theatre as I would have a heart attack with the shock.......

We are bizzarre sometimes eh!!!!!

Anyway, take care pm me if you like
xx

seh1980
02-08-05, 18:19
I get the thing under my rib and it goes away eventually by itself..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Quirky
02-08-05, 18:39
Hi TT,
I've had that too. I still get the occasional twinge in that area, sometimes several times a day and sometimes not for ages. I did have an ultrasound last year and my gallbladder was checked and was ok.
What you're describing could just be muscular.
I am afraid of surgery too, and get nervous just going for tests at the hospital.
Take care,
LJ

stimpy
03-08-05, 02:40
Hi TT

I've been there and got the t-shirt on that one! :D
I said a final goodbye to my gallbladder in February.

Mine was mainly crippling and very painful indigestion and back pain. And I mean crippling ! You sure know you have it. It is not at all vague.

I couldn't eat and when I did eat I would spend hours rolling on the floor and throwing up with the back pain. No indigestion remedy available would take it away.

By the time I went in to hopsital I had lost 4 1/2 stones.
The test for gallstones is very simple.
They do an ultrasound scan (like you get for babies) and the gallstones show up as little balls.

From there they decide what to do next.
Some people have them for years, and just get the occasional grumble
and some people get them and it floors them totally. I had mine for 5 years before they got so bad I needed them out.

Now a days it is done by keyhole and they remove the whole gallbladder rather than just the stones.

To have "open" operations for gallstones are very rare indeed.
They will only do it that way if they really really have to.

The operation itself wasn't so bad. Went down, went to sleep, woke up and ate the biggest dinner I ever had in my life :D
I'm now left with 4 small scars, one under the ribs, two on the side where the gall bladder used to be and one where my tummy button is.

It was afterwards when I felt it. The trapped wind and the discomfort lasted for nearly 4 weeks. (but I'm told that is very rare.)

My advice is to get it checked out if you are worried about it.
If left untreated it can be very nasty indeed.
Try to lay off rich and fatty foods, to see if that helps.

good luck

If you need to know anything else about it just ask :D

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

tt
04-08-05, 03:44
Thanks Liz..That helps greatly!