PDA

View Full Version : re: Just joined

wensley
22-03-09, 20:34
Hi there,
Not at all sure what I hope to gain by joining here but my health anxiety is getting out of control again. Perhaps mine is a little odd as I don't have this anxiety about myself hardly ever but I used to obsess about my own children and now do it about my grandson who unfortunately is quite good at having 'odd illnesses'. I really try hard to conceal my panics as I really am old enough to know better and it is of no help to anyone. I keep thinking about going to the doctor for something, even write myself a script sometimes but so far haven't plucked up courage.
Thanks for listening so far :)

Utility
22-03-09, 21:52
Hi

It is not a case of being old enough to know better. It can affect anyone and I think the best bet would be for you to take a trip to your GP - even if just for a chat. Your doctor will listen to your concerns, no matter how "odd" you may think they are.

sunshine-lady
22-03-09, 23:39
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Patty
23-03-09, 00:28
Hi Wensley, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

kittykat
24-03-09, 08:51
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice and support here, the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

lenore
24-03-09, 12:03
HI Wensley, I hope that the advice and support that the lovely people here offer helps you as much as it has me. Welcome :)