PDA

View Full Version : Pulmonary Embolism?

divaneko13
22-03-09, 20:52
Hi guys it's been awhile and I thought I was doing ok...but this wednesday I started getting sharp left side chest pains when i breathe in deep or lay down in certain positions that comes and goes. I also have developed soreness between my shoulder blades and I'm very tired.

I just went to the urgent care center today and they said it doesn't seem to be an emergency...but I should go for an xray tomorrow. I'm scared and think I should go to the ER but I don't know if I'm being irrational.

Anyone have some input?

nickieb
22-03-09, 21:18
Hiya

Ok if it was a PE you would be extremly breathless so that would be the major indicator!

divaneko13
23-03-09, 03:32
I mean it is extremely difficult to breathe when i do get the pain. I have none of the risk factors though so I don't know if it's irrational of me to think I have it.

mickh555
23-03-09, 03:38
If its like a stitch type of pain that doesn,t hurt if you keep still and breathe shallow i know what you mean.

divaneko13
23-03-09, 03:49
Yeah! That's it! It keeps happening...and now i have pain between my shoulder blades too.

mickh555
23-03-09, 03:55
I wouldn,t worry about it then.I,ve had that every now and again since i was a teenager.20 odd years.I think its some sort of muscle cramp .The pain in your back is probably tension .

divaneko13
23-03-09, 04:49
Thanks! That makes me feel a little bit better =) I'm still too scared to sleep though haha.

divaneko13
24-03-09, 06:57
I haven't slept in two days worrying about this pain in my chest. Anyone else have any input? I get the results of my chest xray tomorrow...but I feel like it wasn't the right test.

Update: Chest x-ray and EKG came back normal...the dr. is no longer concerned, but I am.