PDA

View Full Version : Getting Better?

strawberry1756
22-03-09, 21:20
Hi

I think that I have GAD by reading up on stuff, I have managed to control the panic and knot in my stomach that I was getting every minute over the past couple of months with medication. But I still cant stop my mind from worrying and thinking thinking thinking thinking over and over again about feeling like this and how I can get better. I find myself reading up on it all the time. I am starting to get so depressed and finding it really really hard to get out the bed in the morning. How can you tell if you are getting better? I am controlling the panic and other physical symtoms I can also sit down and relax a bit now. I just dont know how to stop the worrying thoughts, and once they set in there is no budging them then I am like it for hours and end up in the depersonalisation state, I am starting CBT soon so I hope this helps. :shrug:
Anyone with similar stuff?

Anna C
23-03-09, 18:50
Hi,

Well done for the progress you have made so far! I think you have done really well being able to control your panic and physical symptoms on your own, as it is really hard. Also reading up on panic/anxiety is a good idea as the more knowledge you have the less scary they seem.

I have the same problem with thoughts whizzing round my head like a spin dryer and they are normally all negative.

CBT can help with your thoughts as your therapist will help you to challenge your unhelpful thoughts. Sorry I can't give much advice as I'm just starting to do the thought challenging in CBT myself. I have been having CBT for a while and it has definitely helped with my anxiety/panic, so I hope it helps you too.:)

Good luck with the CBT.
Ann x