PDA

View Full Version : falling in sleep

leo05
02-08-05, 17:59
hi
this is a strange one i have a fear of falling when i am asleep cause when i close my eyes i see the edge of a cliff and i am standing there maybe this is why i dont like to sleep much anyone else have this or am i only one?

Cinders4
02-08-05, 18:06
yes Ive had this, It probably is a fear of you falling into a spiral of anxiety and losing control...... Its a common dream if you are anxious.

However , equally it could be interpreted in many other ways, included your desire to let go of something that you are yet to be able to and to just "Be"

Probably think Im mad, but Im very interested in dreams, especially reccurrant ones so will always give my view on these.... pm me if you get anymore, but go with the dream and see where it takes you.......

seh1980
02-08-05, 18:22
I get strange things like this in my dreams too - they normally happen a few times and then go away again..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
02-08-05, 23:51
Hi hun

I have dreams like that when i am falling then wake up suddenly. They are very vivid but once awake i just try to think it was only a dream although they are horrible.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Piglet
03-08-05, 10:54
Hi Leo

I'm always falling off cliffs when I go to sleep, its got almost boring now -
its like oh here's cliff I must just fall off it!

Meg once answered a post I did about the same thing and said hers was falling off a chair, apparantly when we go into our sleepy states we move from different levels and its the body's way of relaxing into the next level.

Help me out here Meg - you explained it so much better!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
03-08-05, 13:56
When we move froma state of awake to a state of semi conciousness and then asleep we move from brain waves caled alpha - alert waves through beta - sleepy waves and onwards to theta- asleep brain waves.

As you move from one to another you can get the sense that you are falling and often we have a certain image that appears at that time. The falling sensation has nothing to do with the image, it's just what you have applied to it over time.

We mainly feel the alpha to beta transition as we may be still slightly aware.

If you take up meditation you will feel the same sensation as you practice and go deeper into a relaxed state.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

leo05
04-08-05, 14:20
yeah maybe just dont like it and want it to stop so i just dont sleep

sal
04-08-05, 19:13
I can understand your fear of going to sleep but staying awake wont help you physically or mentally as you will become totally exhausted hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sal
04-08-05, 21:57
Hi hun

Got your message and will text you back soon.

Love Sal xx

leo05
05-08-05, 16:06
hey yeah dont i know it had good sleep last night well got off bout 5ish and never woke till 2