PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very anxious today

Peanuts31
23-03-09, 09:17
:weep: I feel so bad today. I just am so anxious and anxiety is breeding paranoid thoughts. Not used to feeling like this. Does Anxiety make you paranoid. I have all sorts of horrible thoughts please someone talk to me if you can.

Sorry to ask just feel very scared. xxx

vonnie1
23-03-09, 09:30
Hi there

I am new to this forum today and have just logged on to try and get some help too.
I was prescribed citalopram in january for depression and anxiety. had previously taken citaopram 2 yers ago for same thing. stayed on for 6 months and they seemed to sort me out, However this time after 6 weeks they had done nothing to improve me and I had terrrible insomnia. Docs took me off and i took nothing for 10 days during which time I felt better, Then somrthing upsetting happened at work and I was downand anxious again, Docs prescribed me prozac this time and have now been on them for 17 days. The last few days hav been awful - wake with bad anxiety in the morning and have been off work again- I work in school so need to be in control at work - can't just hide in an office in front of a computer screen.
Really need some advice and reassurance that the tablets I'm on will kick in and help me. Have a few stresses in mylife at present - elderly parents needing more help and just recently my husbands firm about to abnounce redundancies.
Hopefully someone will have some good advice for us.

Yvonne

Peanuts31
23-03-09, 09:37
Hi Yvonne.

I do understand where you are coming from. I was on sertraline last year which is similar to citalapram. After my daughter was born and I know the same with Prozac that you can feel dreadful in the first few days they kick in. The anxiety is 10 times worse. I remember taking the tablets and hiding under the covers.

You do feel 10 times worse in the morning as well remember that. You are like me at the moment and have a lot of stresses in your life. I can only say if you are anything like me you are just so mentally exhausted you just want to run away from it all. You will come out the other end as I know I will too but you need to give yourself time and not put so much pressure on yourself to sort out everyone elses problems. You are unwell too remember,

I have so much stress at work and I was signed off sick and now feel dreadful like I have left everything in a mess and everyone will be critising me. This makes me more anxious then ever. I also have my nan and mum to worry about and have to keep a brave face on even though I dont feel brave at all.

I also know what it is like to hide in front of your computer screen and just not feel right.

Poor you. Hope you are ok sweetie. I am sure it is the tablets making you feel like this at the moment

xxxx

aveeava
23-03-09, 09:42
Hello, Im also new to this site, Im 20 years old and have GAD and it gets pretty darn bad sometimes, ive had this horrible disorder for about a year, and it does get better. but some days its pretty darn bad. Anxiety deff. makes you feel paranoid, it can thrust thoughts into your head that you really dont want there causing you to panick even more, the best thing for that is to distract yourself with something detailed,mind you that it might take a while even to distract yourself. What really helped me out was reading a book or even trying to build a house of cards with a deck of playing cards! Also writing down all your feelings in a little journal will help you LOADS. I was having anxiety and panick attacks everynight for a whole month wrote down every bad feeling i had and after the month was over i very seldom had really bad nights. so hopefully that will help you. as far as med's go, i use to be on lexapro which is a mild pill that helps with both GAD and Depression, i stayed on it for two months and it seemed to help me with my overall feeling, it took a whole month to start actually working though so give it some time and see if things dont start to improve, sometimes with pills like prozac it can take up to 3-6 months to actually start helping the chemicals in your brain. Hopefully this helps and reassures you both!

redballoons
23-03-09, 09:53
hi
anxiety can certainly make you have paranoid thoughts - some example i have heard of are thinking people are talking about you or dont like you or being paranoid you will hurt someone. I get some thoughts like this too although it is better than it has been.
do you know if anything has happened today to trigger this? sometimes working out what brought the thoughts on helps me because it helps me see that the thoughts are just a result of something rather than my mind going crazy all on its own!

sophie

LisaLisa
23-03-09, 09:57
:weep: I feel so bad today. I just am so anxious and anxiety is breeding paranoid thoughts. Not used to feeling like this. Does Anxiety make you paranoid. I have all sorts of horrible thoughts please someone talk to me if you can.

Sorry to ask just feel very scared. xxx

Hey there

Please dont worry. You will feel better again, dont worry about your thoughts, just try to let them come and go. They arent you, they are only thoughts and they mean nothing about you , its that anxiety is making you pay too much attention to them. Try to do something that will cheer you up or at least take your focus and give your self a break from worrying about your thoughts. I do cleaning when I feel like that, weirdo I am ha ha

Lisa
x

vonnie1
23-03-09, 10:35
Hi Peanuts

Thanks so much for your reply- even though you are also feeling rough your kind words have said have gone a little way to reassure me. My husband hates me reading things like forums but I find they do ressure me when I'm feeling so panicky. I can usually manage to distract myself like doing a few jobs, reading or when the early morning anxiety has subsided, taking my wonderful dalmation out for a good long walk-it's an effort to start with but once i get going I feel like walking miles!
Do stay in touch and let me know how you progress.There are so many people out there who are suffering wth depression and anxiety at the moment but as long as we have people to talk to we will get through this - jsut have to muddle through until we wake up one morning feeling normal again.
Are you taking any medication a the moment I know you said you were on a medicine like citalopram. I seemed to have had GAD on and off since my 2nd child was born 16 years ago although I had about 6 good years in between when I wasn't on any medication and felt like my old self again. problems with me started 2 years ago after hving a nasty kidney infection whilst on hols abroad. I think I should have stayed on the citalopram then I probably wouldn't be feeling like this now. Mind you it could also be hormonal as my anxiety is often worse around time of the month.

Thanks again for the advice

Yvonne