PDA

View Full Version : do i need to go to the opticians again ?

choliver
23-03-09, 10:03
i have worn glasses for almost 20yrs i have started to fixate on any small percieved problem.over the last year i have been on 4 occasions for a sight test and although on the first occasion i needed a slight change to my script each optician said that my eyes were normal for someone of my age.still i fixate. rationality tells me its down to anxiety whereas irrationality tells me what if they have missed something (unlikely baring in mind i saw a different optician each time)the more i fixate on my percieved problem the more i am aware of it .i know that i am just fueling the cycle and that anxiety brings with it all manor of vision problems.i know that if i make another appointment for a sight test they will do it and deep down i know i dont need one and will be reeling with embarrassment if i do go.im like an addict who knows that any fix they get will only be temporary and the next day they will feel just as bad.sorry to off load all this on you but it helps me to be more rational if i see it written down.thanks for reading choliver.