PDA

View Full Version : I really feeel like just giving up

ElliotUK
23-03-09, 11:05
Hi everyone

I really need help on this one .. it's ruinening my life :weep:

since my last post things have seemd to get worse, the skipped heart beats are back again, and the symptoms are getting worse such as

tightness in the chest

slow/fast heart rate all of a sudden

the ache and pain down my left arm

fear of dying or having a heart attack

heart pauyse then thud 3 times in 5mins (happend this morning) then generally happens a few times a day

this all might sound familear but it seems like it's serious ..

i honestly feeel like i cant go on anymore :wacko:

im always puting my hand on my chest to feel my heart beat to see if its not doing anything ''heart attack'' like if its stopped or beating irregularly .. im doing this in the middle of the street too .. its highly imbarrasing but i cant help it .. i do this everyday because of the panic and worry i will drop dead or have a heart attack

let me remind you im 18 and iv had ..

3 ambulances

1 recent ECG and 2 ecgs about 6-7 months ago

heart rate on the recent one was 69BPM

iv had 2 hospital journeys

5 gp apointments

2 gp on the fones

all said im fine .. all this is in the space of id say 8 months.

this all started off when i had a drug what made my heart fast so i worried and started to panic this was about 8 months ago when icalled 999 .

its just i really do think there's something wrong with me .. i feel like im going to have a heart attack .. it really feels like it to!

is this normal and whats the chances of an 18 year old having a heartattack? am i in danger? i hope i dont need to go to the hospital for this :weep:

please please help id be so grateful

moonbeam1986
23-03-09, 11:14
hi Elliot
im just like you, im constantly worrying im going to die, i can never relax EVER!
it is so so hard everyday is a battle and u go to bed at night thinking ive got to go through all of this again tomorow...

but u have to remember u are a strong person because think about it YOU are facing your bigest fears everyday and YOU get through them, one thing we never do is give our selfs a big pat on the back for doing so well even if it is tiny baby steps

so dont give up.
SMILE and think how strong you really are :)

im new on here and havnt made any friends yet but if u need some one to talk to im here

mikejames
23-03-09, 11:30
Hi Elliot

I can relate to what you are feeling as I have a heart attack fear almost constantly

However the thing to remember is YOU HAVE NOT HAD ONE and you are not
going to - think about all the time you have spent worrying and has anything bad happened ????????

I know just how real the feelings are and how lousy it feels but you are young and strong so please try and stay positive

MIKE

ElliotUK
23-03-09, 11:35
ah thanks for replying moonbeam and mike .. so the things im feeling symptom and thought wise is normal and cant phisycally harm me?

mikejames
23-03-09, 11:43
It is classic panic and adrelalin

Try and distract yourself from thinking about it as the more you think the worse it becomes

Pick up a book / put on a film / do anything that takes your mind off your perfectly HEALTHY heart

MIKE

marius
23-03-09, 12:01
:) How do you know that what you feel seems or feels like a heart attack? You don`t have ANY idea about it, right? Also, what you think it`s getting serious it`s not serious at all. One can have like 50 100 skipped heartbeats per day and still be OK.
Only anxiety makes the things worse.
Doctors tell you that your heart is ok. Then, I think the best thing you can do is to trust them.
What you describe is the classical panic attack. Nothing is going to happen to you. :)
marius

moonbeam1986
23-03-09, 13:56
nothing will happen to u ! it just seems like it. what i do when im panicking my ass off cos i cant find a pulse or somthing i get up and splash some ice cold water on my face. it calms me down :)