PDA

View Full Version : going nuts!

moonbeam1986
23-03-09, 11:28
ive had anxiety/panic attacks for as long as i can remember*im 22* and ive been on all sorts of medication and always seem to end up back to square one. because of this i thought id get of the meds*with help from the doc ofcourse* and i felt like a real human again altho my anxiety was really bad. im now back on the meds citalopram 20mg and this is my 6th day and i feel like complete sh**. im honestly the worst ive EVER been.

i am a single mum of 1 and i feel that i cant cope i can bearly walk out my own home to take him to play group because i go all dizzy and think im going to colapse its horrible :(

im so close to handing him over to his father i feel so useless :(

bottleblond
23-03-09, 11:38
Hi Moon

What is your support network like? family, friends ect?

I truely know how you are feeling as i am an agoraphobic single mum but i have a great mum who helps loads and really supportive friends.

I do get out a bit more now but i still find it difficult at times.
Please trust me when i say it WILL get better, i know it may not feel like it at the time hun but it will.

Take care of yourself
Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

finny12000
23-03-09, 12:40
Hi moon
your anxiety is probably compounded by effects of antis for first few weeks
and its a matter of riding out the storm.
When we get like this it feels like theres no way out but theres is ,perservere with tablets as the worse will surely be over soon and each day will get a little better.
I found anxiety classes really helpful to me combined with medication as they helped me with relaxation techniques distraction and facing up to my own thoughts and challenging them whenever my mind trys to play tricks ,it would be worth a shot.
I think you have done great so far with kid and dont be afraid to ask for help from friends and family to get you over worse and all on nmp can help with tips chat and your not alone
finn x